web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a 2400ICS with lots of stations and all the trunking. Different RSC phones can call local with code or without code, and long distance calls with code always. Anyways, it's all working fine.

All calls going out from the 2000IPS go into the 2400ICS to stations or go out on PRI trunks of the 2400ICS to telco.

Can I implement this auth code system for the 2000IPS? So if a station from the IPS makes a call and it arrives to the 2400 and is intended to be a local or LD call, some RSC gets associated with that call and the ICS asks for a code or doesn't, depending on the associated RSC?

Currently all calls can go out from the IPS via the ICS without entering any auth code...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes. In the IPS, route the authorized calls to one trunk route, and the unauthorized to another. Then, in the ICS, give the authorized route's trunks permission to route out on the PRI, and don't permit the unauthorized trunks to do so.

OP Offline
Dear Telephoneguy,
While this is a promising route to start with, it's not exactly what I want. Your solution makes some decision within the IPS whether to authorize a call or not, and it's most likely based on the RSC of the phone and the number dialed.

But what I'm trying to achieve is forcing auth codes before making any calls, and allow/disallow the call based on the entered code and dialed number - and the decision made in the ICS, based on its programming. Like what about ARRC where you can allow (1) and disallow (0) trunk-to-trunk tandem call in the ICS or you can do toll-restriction (2). What is this toll restriction setting for? The manual is so not explanatory about this frown

You can force account codes in the IPS, and use of a forced account code changes the restrictions and services.

08>216>1
1202>ext.>XX YY where XX is COS for Forced Acc't Code phones
1531>XX>1 (XX is COS specified in 1202)
200>XXXX>A087 (XXXX = access code for Forced Acc't Code)
2AA0>1>0-9 (arbitrary, but = y of next step)
2A0y>xxxx>0000-2999 (xxxx=up to 16 digits, Forced code) (2nd data is 1st data of next 5 steps)
2A10>0000-2999>1
2A11>0000-2999>1 (restriction assigned by this code) (1201>ext.>XX)
2A12>0000-2999>xx (Service class A assigned by this code) (1202>ext.>XXxx)
2A13>0000-2999>xx (Service class B assigned by this code) (1202>ext.>xxXX)
2A14>0000-2999>xx (Service class C assigned by this code) (1207>ext.>XX)

Repeat 2A00-2A14 with different 2AA0/2A0y codes for different dialing permissions.

It's not elegant, but it should force IPS users to enter a code which determines if they can dial through the ICS.

I'm a little rusty on ICS/IPX, but I think that the ARRC (2) Toll restriction lets you set a toll restriction for the trunk-to-trunk tandem call, and then by using ARSC for the incoming trunk, you can allow or disallow the tandem connection.

IPS, x.200 dials FAC, calls through ICS ---> CM8A4007, Goes out route 0010, Trunk Group 10 (tie to ICS) --> ARSC of incoming trunk says "tandem allowed" and ARRC says "tandem depends on ARSC" --> call completes.

IPS, x.201 dials FAC, calls through ICS --> 8A4007, goes to route 0011, trunk group 11 (tie to ICS) --> ARSC of incoming trunk says, "this guy can talk to an extension, but not a trunk." ARRC says, "Sorry, Bub, you don't have the ARSC setting to call through tandem trunks." -- Call fails.

Is that what you wanted?

I might be off on the ARSC/ARRC, like I said, I'm a bit rusty on the 2400.

OP Offline
This seems implementable and decent, but ideally I want the ICS to ask for the code and decide whether the call can go out or not.
In other words the IPS lets all calls out to the ICS, and when they arrive to the ICS, it will handle it just as though a station would be making the call: checks its RSC and allows the call or asks for an auth code, and if the RSC of the auth code allows, then lets the call go out to telco. This would require though that calls coming in to the ICS from the IPS get some RSC assigned to them somehow to begin with.
I wanna do it this way as the ICS is talking to an OAI application that constantly updates the auth codes based on financial balance from a call-accounting system. And so if I had to make the IPS make decisions, I wouldn't know how to link that to the same OAI database to automatically update the codes.

OP Offline
This problem was resolved. CM42 on the IPS defines what RSC should a call from the 2000IPS appear as in the SV8500. So, if a station in the IPS2000 is in RSC 1 (or they call it RCA), this command can say that it should appear as RSC=4 (or whatever I want) when it arrives to the 8500 and the 8500 handles the call accordingly.
Then, in the 8500, in the ARTD command, the CDN38 for the CCIS route flagged tells the 8500 to ask for an auth code if the RSC of the call doesn't allow it to go out straight. It works like a charm. Exactly what was needed.
Thanks for all your input.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024