Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Woody1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning,

I'm trying to set up a dept group. Currently their are no dept groups in use only call coverage keys. I created an ext group (50) in 16-02. Then I went into 11-07 and assigned an ext not being used yet (350) as the pilot number. Lastly I went to 16-02 and assigned the group (50) to 2 extensions 308 and 320. However, when I call the pilot number I just get a fast busy.

Can anyone point me to where I went wrong?

Thanks,

Woody

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Woody1,

This forum is here to help end users, what I can tell you are not the end user but their IT guy. Since there are company's that have spent lots of money paying their techs for certifications why don't you call one of them in, they will have this done in no time.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Woody1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Dan,

The guidelines to the forum state "This board is here to help NEC users and other Phone Installers" I am a certified Iwatsu tech, but right now working on a NEC system.
Your reply to my question makes it look like someone has helped and other forum users will now disregard my question because they assume that I have received the help I asked for.
I have no problem in you sending me a message like that via Private Message or if you were to report me to a moderator if you thought I was stealing work from a certified NEC tech, but please don't hijack my valid question with your own agenda.

I think it is a bit premature to immediately call someone an IT guy just because they do not know a particular system.

I too have worked on DSX systems extensively, and I intend to work on the SL110, but I have never worked on an Aspire (or ever seen one for that matter).

Play nice now...

JordonJ, he has been on numerous threads asking very simple questions in programming for a certified tech. The forum(s) are here (from what I have read)to help tech and end user with questions that fall into the correct category. Walking someone through "multiple" tech issues that is NOT certified on the equipment does a dis-service to everyone involved. Now, if we are talking an over the counter product that requires no certifications that is another story. This is not a slight at Woody1 at all, but taking work away or not requiring people to get certified is not helping anyone and COULD (actually would) void warranties and whatnot.

Woody1

In your profile under occupation it says IT, is this wrong?

Coral Tech,
Thanks for your insight and you were right this was not jab at Woody1.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Woody -

I have seen your posts before on the board, and it seems to me that you know what you are doing. The Aspire is a dead system, so those who know a thing or two about it should help out when they can. That's my opinion. I am certified on Aspire and UX5000, and still have questions from time to time....

I think the answer to your question is that you can't use an assigned extension number (350) as your dept group pilot. Try setting up a virutal extension number in 11-04 (something outside of the range of what is used for extension numbering - say like 600) - and use that for the Department Group Pilot number.

Good luck to you!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 128 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024