web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#248592 01/19/12 03:55 AM
junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
hmmm. I have an SV8100 that two service providers are trying to get Call Accounting to work with. I configured the PBX to talk nice with the Call accounting software now it needs to talk to the Property Management software. These guys are going round and round with each other and the final verdict is:

The CA packet needs to have a checksum…

The PBX isn’t sending the proper format. Tell them they need to us the “model 90” protocol.
The interface guy on the other end has no clue what that means...nor do I.

In the interest of expedition and stopping the incessant game of hot potato...What the hell does that mean? And what program number can I find that in?

The way he put quotes around "Model 90" makes me think he's messing with the other guy, like it's made up like an "ID-10T" error.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If Call Accounting and PMS aren't playing nicely together, arrange a vendor meet. Get everyone in one room, where nobody can say, "Oh, it's the guy who's not here." You can also do this on a conference call or skype.

So long as the PBX talks to CA, the PBX is doing its job.

Now, I had a problem way back in the dark ages with a Maxial PMS that looked at a string ^J xxxxxxxxx xxx xxx ^M^J^L and misread it because ^J was start-of-text and ^M was end-of-text, so the second ^J started a new text input that never closed and locked the port. I had them change EOT to ^L and everything was fine.

So this might be something like that. In theory, the CA provider will have tested with most major PMS providers...

junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
well, that's my thought as well, but it's no different being in between say Verizon and our phone tech. Phone tech insists it's Verizon (which it usually is) and Verizon saying it's the switch. Progress is halted and both parties give up.
I'm not entirely sure it's Call Accounting tey're talking about. I made sure PBX was talking to CA myself with the CA vendor and some tweaking. I think they're actually referring more to the Hotel/Motel functionality in the switch Check In/Check Out, Clean/Dirty etc.
From what I understand the will communicate with the PMS in the NEAX Model 90 protocol, but doesn't do so natively. I'm curious what program controls how the 8100 speaks to the PMS. There's nothing in 42-xx except port assignment etc.

The 8100 is supposed to have the licenses and the box that nec makes to accomplish this. It's an interface box that can be configured to talk to the phones system/voicemail (the correct one)/and the PMS system of the end user.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
SV8100 to PMS is model 90 or model 60 done via a PVA card in the SV8100. If you have a UM8000 VM this is also handled by the PVA on the same connection to the PMS. The SMDR out of the 8100 is IP data sent to the call accounting. The call accounting will send it to the PMS via a comport using HX (Holidex) or HB (Hobic) interface. But all setups are different & can be hard to troubleshoot.

junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
Apparently there's a PMS-U10 stand alone configurator. And of course I've long lost the disk. But reading through the manual that's where one sets the protocol for communication with the PMS, one of which is NEAX90.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
The PMS-U10 is usually for the Asprire and UX and other NEC switches.

There is an SV8100 PMS devepolers guide that has all of the info on the protocols ant it shows the sv8100 hooked up to the PMS-U10.

I think the default is KTSi protocol

Generally The SV8100 uses a PVA card that is confiured via an IP connection and it has a web interface.

As far as someone calling it a Verizon problem - there is No Way.

The PMS-U10 was for use on the SV8100 as well but was a dog to keep working. We did one here and that was our last and it has been bypassed..
Most PMS systems installed down here justs use the Hotel/PMS license and have the PMS connected via IP in PRG42.. Plus how many hotel guests these days use in-house voicemail. Most use their cell fones.,.

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I am fighting an uphill battle to get an SV to talk to the Um8000 reliably. They use the VM for wakeup calls primarily.

Originally posted by ttech:
I am fighting an uphill battle to get an SV to talk to the Um8000 reliably. They use the VM for wakeup calls primarily.
We were told it's not really supported and unreliable and to use the fone system wakeup..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024