web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have a customer that just finished building a 15,000 Sq Ft home (no there are the correct zeros there). 3 floors that are concrete with rebar. The lady of the house is adament that she HAS to be able to access her Call Waiting from Ma Bell. also, her voicemail from same. She is insistent that she be able to walk from one end/level of the house from the other without dropping a call. The husband has purchased from us 3 other IPitomy systems for his offices and they are networked together and working fine.

My solution:
I installed a IPitomy (Asterisk based) IP system, then 3 AAstra RFP32's (one at each end and in the middle) on the middle floor. I used 6 AAstra 142D handsets. She would like at least 12 handsets with whatever solution works. I also installed 4 AAstra 6757i phones to be hardwired, fixed location phones. The system has 2 pots lines on it. the 1st is the house line and the second is the elevator line. The 2nd line was connected to the system so that they could have the caller roll over to that line from the house line and we could get rid of the CW. But, she is reluctant. I did try a DTMF Flash generator from a guy in Chicago, but after testing it at our office and leaving it connected over the Turkey day weekend, apparently it had to much turkey because if failed to work again the following Monday. Guess that isn't very reliable. I need reliable, as she is 2 hours away.

So the question is: How would you guys approach this? I haven't been able find much of anything that will work as well or better. Oh, did I mention that she thinks that it needn't be a "commercial" / "business" type of system. There ought to be a residential type of system that would work.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Ed

A+, CTP
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
The first thing I'd check is the local code for the "elevator line". It may have to be totally independent & dedicated, even for a residence.

Second thing is check with service provider. Normally, they don't/won't cascade residential lines.

How about using Engenius cordless phones? Pricey, but reliable.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Panasonic Tda/Tde works well in those huge homes. You gotta be certified though. Panasonic makes wireless repeaters with good cordless phones that can cover that house no prob. The cordless phones have a Flash softkey that pops up for telco c/w.

Phones are good looking, and can be set up to be easy to use for the wifey.

Check out the pan kx-td7696 cordless phones.

Aaron
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Isn't there a version of the 7696 that will work on the 824? That would let Ed put it in without cert requirement.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
The Pan 824 can run the 7896 cordless, but that one is a traditional cordless that gets the signal from one base.

Aaron
I thought there was 1 'mini-cell'(so to speak) phone that would work on the 824.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
There is a in-building cell solution for the TDA/TDE family and the TAW-848 which was a dumbed down version of the TDA-50. You could pry one from my office for what I have in it BTW.

Anyway, I'm still looking at the Siemens Gigaset cordless and a WAP solution for hospitality. At the going rate of Pana cell stations and cell sets, I think the FXO and network to IP phone solution would be cost effective.

Carl

Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
I thought there was 1 'mini-cell'(so to speak) phone that would work on the 824.
You must be thinking of the 7896, but this doesn't run off of cell sites, just it's base. It looks almost identical to the Pan cell sites.

Aaron
OP Offline
Dave,
You are right about the elevator line, I misspoke, they have a third line in there. We have spoken about bringing in some SIP trunks. He has a 7 meg business Internet connection from the cable company.

We considered the Engenius, but the wife thought they were ugly. Did I mention the handsets had to have a speakerphone. The 4 year old daughter needs a speakerphone to talk to her dad when he is away. I'll look into the Panasonic phones. Although this would be an orphan (only install like it that I will have).

something must be amiss with the notification for messages on the group here. I haven't gotten any notifications that you guys have posted.

A+, CTP
The email was down for a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (OBT), 69 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024