web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a StarTalk Flash 4 with V1.7 feature card. Everything has been set-up and was working great for the past two months. Suddenly, today, nothing could be forwarded into voice mail, no one can access voice mail, and none of the voice mail extensions are valid. The AA will answer, but there is only the automated greeting. Also, the directory is no more. The admin password that I set-up is not valid. If you call an extension and it forwards to 243 (Startalk), but then hangs up. I have attempted the F-985 reset of the admin password and it asks if I want to re-set, I select yes and then the system exits, but when I do F-983 and attempt to log-in with the default password it exits. So it would appear that it does not re-set. No extensions are valid and there are no greetings. Any ideas on the cause or possible fix would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

actually sounds like you had a lightning strike or power failure. the flash can't be managed remotely. if neither of those happened then your software is shot. i would attempt to reinitiallize the flash and start over. if things still seem funny get new software.

I've had that happen on the 1.7 a few times. must be a flaw in the s.w.
chances are that the flash defaulted. try f983 and 266344 for the password. you will need to redo all the settings..
also try to talk them into a 1.9 and above
whats throwing me off is that the AA is answering? is this a cics?

OP Offline
Thanks for the post. It is an 8X24 system. Funny thing was I had a V1.9 feature card that worked with one of my 8x24 systems, but I never could get it to work with this system. The big question is how do I get the system back to where it will let me in. Do I have to totally reinitialize the system. I suppose all of the voice mails in the system are gone as well??
Thanks,

if you go on site and do a f983 with the config password and it takes, then unfortunately you did end up losing all your programing including the massages.
but back to the AA for a second when you get the AA and you dial an extension number does the phone ring?

OP Offline
When you call-in and get the AA and it asks you to dial the extension you would like, then you dial that extension, the extension rings, 3 times (this is what I have it set to roll to VM), then the system comes back and says extension not available please try another extension. That is all I get.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
sounds like you have a corrupt flash mail. The extension you are dialing, does it show up under MBs if you log in as the SysAdmin?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
I wound up re-initializing the system, as no matter what I tried I could not get into the administrative mode, even re-setting the password. Of course, I lost all messages and programming and had to re-setup. The system is working fine no, but I fear it will happen again. I am going to install a V2.0 feature card this weekend and re-setup the system again, just in case it has something to do with V1.7. Thanks for all the help. I can't say enough about the value of this tech board.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, justbill), 136 guests, and 194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024