web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255103 06/01/04 04:12 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am working on a directory with a Comdial Small Office Voice Mail system. Right now it is acting funny. I just added a mailbox for a person, then I checked the directory to see if they were in it. They were, but the problem is that I lost everybody else's name after that person. Is there an easier way to get everybody back into the directory without redoing everybody's mailbox. Please help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#255104 06/01/04 07:15 AM
For a dial by name directory to work you must have the last name typed into the last name box on the mailbox programming screen and a name recorded. Same thing for a directory of all associates. The only other parimeters that affect the directory is the special key stokes used to have a name not appear in the directory. I'm not sure that answers yor question, but those are all that there is to having a directory work or not work to best of my knowledge.
mark

#255105 06/03/04 01:25 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what I thought. I checked all of that and its all fine. Its just weird that I added a new mailbox in the middle of the directory and when I did everybody's name after that box is now not in the directory. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for the help thought. Maybe I just have to reset all of the mailboxes and see what happens.

#255106 06/03/04 08:54 AM
I have seen this once before on a NT system.
It had to do with some corruption.

I ran a scandbnt -d to clear the issue.

I assume this is a DOS mail. what rev? 8.2, 8.3 or 8.5

Does it run the nightly routine? (scandisk and defrag) That might clear up corruption if it has it.

#255107 06/04/04 03:42 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
The system is running in Windows NT 4.0. I do not believe that it is running any daily scans or anything like that. I do not know what version of Voice Mail it is. I know I run databse administrator to administer the voice mail boxes. It is connected to an FX-S system. That is pretty much all I know. If you can tell me how to get any information for you that would help me I would greatly appreciate it. I will try to run a scandisk and defrag on it tonight and see what happens.

#255108 06/04/04 03:52 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I know the system is not running any scans because it does not have scan disk or disk defrag, on it. I ran the scandbnt. it was in the directory C:\VM\scandbnt The issue is still there, will I need to reboot the Voice Mail afterwards? Let me know.

Thanks

#255109 06/11/04 07:21 AM
When you open the voicemail viewer it should show you your port activity. Your VM software version is in the upper left corner and the serial number is in the right.

Did you run the Scandbnt with a D after it?

When you run scandbnt, I would stop the voicemail services and then run SCANDBNT from a command line. c:\vm\scandbnt

It will scroll through the mailboxes. Look for any 9999 mailboxes. These are corrupted mailboxes. I would then run c:\vm\scandbnt D.

This will delete the corrupted mailboxes.

I also suggest you get diskeeper 7.0 and install it on the system. Then do a "set it and forget it" with it to run defrag every night continuously for several hours during the night.

I would also set the voicemail to shut down and run NTREBOOT every night.Use the AT command to program the shut down. KeyVoice has all the programs needed to do this in the VM directory. The are all Batch files or you can right your own batch file.

I have found these two items help keep the voicemails running smooth.

#255110 06/18/04 05:20 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have version 10.1
when I run the scandbnt from the command prompt. It says Cannot find prototype mailbox. But when I run it from windows, by double clicking on the scandbnt icon it runs fine. it says Box and then it gives a number. My question is that if I run the scandbnt D and it deletes the corrupted mailboxes. Will I be able to re-use them? Because the owner is kind of scared that something bad will happen. I told him I can move the messages to a new mailbox so they will be saved. We could even write the messages down on paper so they won't be lost. Do you have any suggestions.

#255111 06/19/04 04:52 PM
I ALWAYS copy the vm folder to a temp file if I am not sure or not comfortable with what the results may produce.

I would copy the hole VM to a tempvm and then run it.

If it does screw things up, you just copy the files back and your back where you started.

If it cleans it up and you lose a mailbox, you can rebuild it and then copy the messages and greeting back into the M dir. for that box and run message audit for it.

Be careful when running message audit. It will bring ALL messages back as saved.

Good luck.

#255112 06/21/04 01:38 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you have a manual on how to do all of that stuff. I have never read anything about doing any of that stuff. Being able to save all of the messages in a file and then putting them back into the voicemail box. If not I would like to know how. What is the M dir? This is all new stuff for me. If there is a way I can get my hands on a manual that would be awesome so I can just read it and not have to ask a ton of questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024