web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#255498 12/17/04 05:46 AM
ron Offline OP
OP Offline
I worked at a company last year that had a repartee system that was put in during late 1999. The system was always in the dos screen for repartee where you used the "f" keys to manage the system but you could get to the desktop which was not dos. There was never any password or userid to get into the system and if you restarted the computer it automatically went back to the dos screen.

A week after I left they had problems with calls not being able to come in and he restarted the Repartee computer and the problem was fixed.

Now he's saying that I did not leave him the access codes for the system and that they had problems for months that cost them thousands in lost sales.

Does anyone know if there is information which shows that there is no access codes or passwords needed to get into and/or manage Repartee?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#255499 12/17/04 08:41 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you or anyone else didn't change it, then it's still should be at default. If not, call a vendor who can retrieve the log in name and/or password.

#255500 12/19/04 07:07 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
sounds like he is trying to come after you. If he had an issue, he should have called an authorized dealer to fix the problem. Are you certified on Repartee? If not, then you have nothing to worry about. You can't be held responsible.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#255501 12/20/04 01:17 PM
dtu Offline
The 'DOS' screen you are referring to is what is known as the Banner screen. In all of the documentation I have and personal experience I have with Repartee, you do need to sign in to the system as a system manager before you can change any system settings.
Pressing 'F2' at the banner sreen will bring up the login box.
Pressing Alt+Esc will swap between the banner screen and the main OS screen, if the system was installed in '99 I would guess that the OS is actually OS2.
If you reboot the whole PC it usually does start up Repartee automatically.
From the OS2 screen you can shutdown Repartee and you can restart it without actually signing in, but to make changes like I said in all of the management and installation guides I have they all say you have to sign in to make system changes.

The default log-in is in the 'System management guide'.

And if he was having a problem with not receiving calls who is to say is was not a PBX problem (assuming ports connected to repartee were off the PBX)?

[This message has been edited by dtu (edited December 20, 2004).]

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024