Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

I am having an extremely difficult time of finding a CLEC phone service for my phone service.

I have looked up in yellow pages and only AT&T shows up for phone service.

Is there any website, book or database available to give the ability to find a CLEC that services an area?

I certainly do not want to download a list of every CELEC and call them one by one.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Originally posted by skip555:
here you go
Thank you so much, that is exactly the type of thing I was looking for!

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
But don't you want CLECs? This is a listing of regulated utilities authorized to operate in the state. I get the impression that you are seeking non-utility companies for phone service.

I'd suggest that you start your search by soliciting a bid from your local cable TV service provider and let them provide you with a list of their competitors as a part of their presentation.

Non-regulated service providers are quite plentiful and to obtain a single listing is nearly impossible to obtain in any locality.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Here is the list of Telecommunications providers.

I Love FEATURE 00
But don't you want CLECs? This is a listing of regulated utilities authorized to operate in the state. I get the impression that you are seeking non-utility companies for phone service.
originally the link it took you to the telecommunication companies , I see Pauls link is doing the same odd it must have worked OK for the OP

its just a click or two once you get there

try again

https://www.psc.state.fl.us/utilities/mcd/Display.aspx?numPerPage=50

Skip

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
"Blame it on the L33T"! :rofl:

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Originally posted by EV607797:

I'd suggest that you start your search by soliciting a bid from your local cable TV service provider and let them provide you with a list of their competitors as a part of their presentation.

Non-regulated service providers are quite plentiful and to obtain a single listing is nearly impossible to obtain in any locality.
Hi.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the response.

I was under the impression that all phone companies( CLEC included) were listed on the PSC for the state.

You are saying that CLEC are not regulated or that some CLECS are regulated and some are not?

I have painstakenly searched the internet, online yellow pages and find the information on competitor phone companies impossible to locate.

It seem almost like they don't want to be found or the ATT/Bell South companies are trying to discourage them.

I was under the impression that the telecommunication act in the late 90's was setup to give people a choice of phone companies.

Its too bad there is not a website that you type in your zip code or address to get a list of companies that service your area for phone service.

I personally switch from bell south to FDN many years ago. FDN was purchased by Nuvox who was purchased by Windstream. When I called to add an extra line, they tell me that they don't service my area and to call bell south. They are shocked when I tell them that I already have their service. The salesman act like they don't want the business.

Anyway, I am trying to help a friend of mind leave ATT and getting major resistance from windstream. One guy tells me they service the area and the next guy tells me that ATT owns the line. I tried to explain about how they may own the " last mile" until the Central office but the salesman no idea about how anything worked.

So basically, I should ask comcast for a quote on my phone service and ask them to include some local competitors?

Its amazing in this day and age, how difficult it is for someone for someone to leave the ATT/bell south companies.

Thanks again for your concern.

If you find out any additional resources to finding all CLECS(even the non-regulated ones), please let me know

Thanks for your help.

CLECs are regulated if you go to the link I gave you go to the side under telecommunications you can get a list of all that are operating in the state of FL , you can take it from there and find those that service your area

for some reason linking to it reverts to power companies after a few minutes

I dont think much of asking the cable company for a list they are certainly under no obligation to provide one or to provide a accurate one

Skip

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Most CLECs understand that residential and small business markets are pretty much dominated by the RBOCs and cable companies. CLECs simply can't compete/exist in markets that have razor thin profit margins.

CLECs are looking more towards medium to large businesses who require dedicated pipes (T1, T3, FE or GigE).

The way to zero in on that market is by hiring sales people, rather than advertising in the Yellow Pages and so on.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, jeffmoss26), 152 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024