Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I just installed a new KeyVoice for a customer last week. They had an older Audix system. Everything works find except that it seems the users are locking themselves out of mailboxes. It has happened several times. Obviously, the users say they are doing nothing wrong. I don't know if they are hitting a certain keystroke or what. But some of them have gotten "I am sorry, that mail box is temporarily out of service". This happens when they try to log in, and after they have entered their password. Funny thing is, I can call the box and leave a message.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have never heard this error message in all my years of working on KeyVoice.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you input the wrong password. I believe it is three times the new Key Voice voicemails will lock out the user. This is intended to prevent hackers from getting into boxes.

Admin
Admin
What release is it? There is a command in the system to defeat security lock out. It is system rev dependant. Telcom is right..3 wrong passwords and it locks you out of your box.

[Linked Image]
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
It is a release 8.5. How do I defeat the security lock out? How can I simply reset the mailbox?

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I didn't think the 8.5 version had that feature. I thought it was only on some of the later Windows versions. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, and then I will have learned something new. smile

Admin
Admin
Justin is correct..only the Windows versions had it.

[Linked Image]
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I found a restore feature under the supervisor menu. It brought it back to normal. They must be hitting a wrong combination to lock themselves out.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Is it happening often, or did it just happen the one time?

There is a suspend option in the supervisor box. Any chance someone could have been in one of the 2 boxes that's normally setup with supervisor C.O.S., and maybe accidentally selected the suspend option for a mailbox? That just seems odd that a box would become suspended on its own, since the password lock-out doesn't apply to 8.5.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
The system has been in about two weeks. It has happened at least 3 times to different users. They say they are logging in correctly, but I think they might be trying to put a pound sign in after there extension number. The only thing I did different on this system is to prompt all callers to enter their extension numbers, regardless of the phone they are calling from. They wanted to auto login feature removed.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I can't figure out why people would be getting this. another two mailboxes got the "temporarily out of service" message. any ideas why this is happening.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,292
Posts638,825
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,495 Shoretel
189,246 CTX100 install
187,589 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024