Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I believe the VM will record after a disconnect based on the "seconds of silence" setting in the system. I have mine set for 10 I believe default is 4. At any rate is just a short time.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You are correct re: seconds of silence accept Vertical had us change to 15 seconds thinking that was part of the problem. Also, they had us change non seconds of silence to 99.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
If that were the case (seconds of silence), it would have cut off the message as it was being left, unless the person paused for that length of time before they began talking. It makes sense to me that this isn't the case. Am I right?

Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
it cuts off at the tone to begin your recording.

Mark, look in your voicemail book under Config File. Look at "No Record Beep" (vm.cfg entry). Based on the description in the book, you could possibly try this. It will supposedly disable the beep that you hear after "please speak after the tone..."

If it is, in fact, the beep that's causing the problem, this should prove it (if the description in the book is correct).

Admin
Admin
If you disable the beep how will the caller know when to speak if the prompt says "please speak after the tone"? Haven't tried it..has anyone else?

[Linked Image]
If that entry does what the book says, he should at least be able to use it to test and prove the problem. If the beep is actually causing the telco to drop the line, I would say it's a telco problem, not a Vertical problem. This beep has been there for how long??

Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I believe that record beep is referring to a voice record or conversation record. I'm hoping Anthonyh can shed some light on the switch side.
Mark

Originally posted by eastcoast:
When calling from my line 2 where I have Verizon local and long distance the test fails and I get cut off at the sound of the voicemail beep prompting you to leave a message. However, from my line 1 where I have Verizon local and MCI long distance the test calls work every time and have never failed calling four sites where I'm having the problem.

I called Verizon and tested on line 1 and then the Verizon CSR switched my line 1 to all Verizon service and the voice mail failed when testing. She (Barbara from Verizon-a wonderful helpful woman) switched my service back to MCI and the tests all passed.
Sounds like you proved it's a problem with Verizon LD. If the customer doesn't have Verizon LD, most calls would work fine until someone that does have Verizon LD calls.

Not sure if you can do it, but try changing the frequency of the beep.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
I don't think changing the frequency of the beep is going to be possible.

Mark, I was thinking the same about that VM.CFG entry, but if you read the description in the book it makes me think otherwise. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it.

Joe, I agree with you. I think the problem is now going to be PROVING it to Verizon.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,419 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024