Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Guys:

AnthonyH and I are working on this now. It's pretty obvious that the frequency of the record tone is being detected by Verizon's tandem office switch as being a fraud (blue box) tone, forcing the far-end switch to drop the call. These in-band tones date back to the TAFAS days and may still be detected by some older tandem offices. Anthohy is looking into this and hopefully will be able to get us the right terminology to use with Verizon.

It's nothing wrong with your systems or voice mail. Dexman and Pete Largo are pretty knowledgable with CO switches as well, so hopefully one of them will chime in.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
You might want to alert them to the topic (if you haven't already). I've not seen them post in this forum before, so they may not even look in Comdial forum.

While working with Vertical support (Vic, Scott Downer, and Lidell Rush) they were not able to change the tone to correct the problem. Two weeks ago support gave us helped my tech disable the tone temporarily, the voice mail operated properely and the call wasn't dropped. We have worked with Vertical engineers and they do not have a solution at this time.

As for Verizon, we are meeting them at a customers site hopefully some time next week (they never got back to me Wednesday to confirm as promised) to run a protocal analyzer test that watches the call from point to point. To date, when they view the call from their office it doesn't give the appearance the call is dropped. We know different since the call is dropped when listening on the 66 block.

The good news is I have four customers making alot of noise at Verizon and they are continuing to work on the problem. I'll keep everyone posted after the test.

Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I can drop everything and be on site anytime if you need to test another site. I never heard back from Scott on Wednesday.
Mark

Thanks, I'll keep in touch.

Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Update; More sites in the Newtown Square area of Pa. have reported the same trouble, Verizon did not run their protocal test yet as of 3:30pm today. This is a trouble that may crop up in other areas.

Mark

Yep, and they will eventually trace it to a common 4ESS office associated with traffic in these areas. You wait and see. You might be dead and gone by then, but I am sure that's where the fault is. I just hope that when they do find (and fix) it that they will at least be willing to admit it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:
Greg from East Coast Communication called me to say that Verizon did the vendor meet and testing today. Verizon did agree that they "own" the trouble. Audio is lost at the record tone as described in an earlier post. Verizon tech made a reference to "something in toll fraud" whatever that means. They are hoping to resolve it by Monday. I won't hold my breath. In the meantime, I had a client today some 40 miles west of that troublesome location, who has been experiencing the same trouble for the last few weeks. I will keep updating this thread until we have a positive resolution. If anyone out there experiences similar trouble please join in.
Mark

Amen! That's what I've been preaching! You have to prove them wrong even when they are "right"!

It's been inband signaling to alert of toll fraud in the nearest tandem switch the whole time. The tandem switch has been detecting the "beep" as some old-time pay phone fraud signal. The frequency of the "beep" was just right to be interpreted as such. The good news is that this single toll switch affects dozens of local central offices, even non-Verizon ones, so many problems have likely been solved with your collective handful of customers.

Think of the thousands of customers who may have had this same problem. I shudder to think of the ones who gave up and replaced their systems because........Well you know what I was going to say.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Got This From Greg at East Coast Communications;

I received a call late last night from Verizon saying the found the problem and they will have it fixed by today or Wednesday. I’m not sure what the problem was but it’s in the Easton trunking.

Easton, Pa. is a considerable distance from where this trouble is occuring, I'm now wondering why it's not more wide spread, or, maybe it is. ??
Mark

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024