web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I've had this trouble before and I can't figure out what the fix was.

I have a repartee 7.45 VBPC DNIC for Mitel. As far as I can tell, I've done everything but the m/w light will not come on. I can see the ports go off hook and dial the *41150Q where *4 is the feature access code, 1 is for m/w on and 150 is the extension and I think Q is hang up. but no lights.
It also dials to turn off the lamp after I check the message.

In the phone system setup form, *41,X,Q is the string for m/w on and *42,X,Q is the string for m/w off. I've dialed each port individually and they all answer. Ports 4-8 are set to A/D. 1-3 are just Ans.

I've made a test phone with the same Mitel Class of Service as the voicemail and I can light/extinguish the lamps just fine. For some reason the vm dials the string but the lamp does not light.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

isnt there supposed to be a # before the Q???

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you mean an actual number or a # sign?

If I only put in the setup form *41, the mail dials out *41150Q which is correct (150 is the extension).

I forgot you mentioned that in your previous post. There has to be something with the port itself. Can you unplug the analog port from the voicemail and dial the codes? Does it light the lamp that way?

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I tested from one of the actual v/m ports and the lamp lit up on the destination phone. these are digital phones

what actually happened was the voicemail began locking up the disk was really 'grinding' and i believed the hdd to be on its last legs so i made a new hard disk with a clean install of the software. The old hard drive lights the lamps perfectly but the new drive attempts to the light the lamps but doesn't happen. I spent most of the day checking all of the settings from one drive to other.

could there be some software that somehow got left out when i made a clean install of the o/s and the s/w?

does a new drive need some sort of activation code?

i'm grasping at ideas here and pulling my hair out.

1.) Make sure that the dongle is tightly attached to the parallel port.

2.) Watch the "banner" screen, and make a test call. One of the ports will be marked either A/D or A/L. A moment after you leave your message, this port (usually the last one) will go offhook and send your string "*41150Q." Make sure that the string you see is the right string.

2a.) If the string doesn't ever appear, the port may be locked up. Login. Press F3 until that port has >> next to it, then hit F4. The port will say "Local Connect." Hit F4 again. The port should go back to A/D, but this should reset the port, and all of the waiting message lamp signals should start streaming through.

2b.) If you do 2a. and don't see any message lamp signals, login, then page down until you see the ports. Highlight one of the ones that says "Ans" and type "A/D."

This port should become active and start streaming message lamps. Do another test call.

Finally, login, and then page down until you see "message waiting lamp reset = no"

Change this to "yes."

This will cause all message lamps to reset. You'll see your A/D ports pumping out message lamp signals. Normally this is done at 2 AM or something, but you'll want to let it run, to match lamps with mailboxes. If this is during normal business hours, people may report lamps going on and off. Tell them that this is normal, and wait for it to finish.

Hope that helps.

If not, you may want to redo your new HDD... Maybe do a "diskcopy" with an identical drive, or else use "xcopy32 /k/r/y/c/h/e/f *.* " (unconditional copy of all files).

Enjoy.
xcopy32 /

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Use your butt set and monitor the port as it's trying to light the lamp. What do you hear? Also, in the Switch setup screen did you copy exactly what is there from the old drive? You can also try hooking the old drive into IDE 2 and use the XCOPY command to copy the VMAIL directory of the old drive to the new. But mind the drive letters as they will change if you use this method.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
those are great points, thanks! This is a digital port so i don't think i can monitor it with a buttset.

The vmail will go off hook and dial the correct string to light the lamps.

The old hdd works correctly and it is interesting to note that it takes about 2-3 seconds for the port to light the lamp.

The new drive goes off hook and dials the string very quickly (1 second). So I've even changed the timers in the switch setup form to slow that down and put a , in the string but it doesn't help

if I do a disk copy, say of only the VMAIL directory, is that drive letter going to permanently change once I take out the old drive or would it go back to E once I'm done?

I don't have an identical drive. I have a 3.2 Gb maxtor as my new drive (brand new) and the old one was 2.1 Gb Quantum. Will this matter if I do the xcopy32 of everything?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The drive letter will go back to E: when you remove the second drive. It doesn't matter if the new drive is larger. It's actually better that way.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
well, i have a diskjockey (disk to disk duplicator) and I tried that but it did not work because i believe there are bad sectors on the old drive. that xcopy32/PC stuff makes me a little hesitant, and i was ready to do it.

BUT I got it to work! I found some Y2k upgrade disks with a Y2k dongle, so thought I'd give those a shot.

I did the Y2k update (it never asked for the dongle) and rebooted and yes, now I have message waiting lamps! Weird but, I'll take it.

thanks guys. boo yah ka sha!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024