web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Need some help with an intermittent issue with a 4 port Key Voice VM, Ver 11.0.17.1 and a Comdial FX phone system. The VMAIL prompt in the LCD window of the SCS 24 line phones keeps appearing and disappearing intermittently. When its gone the soft key does not work however you can manually dial the VM extension and it answers. VM needs to be rebooted daily as the messages are not playing back but are there after the reboot. Is this a Serial Intg issue?? Change com ports??

TechSERV
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There are many reasons for loss of link, poor wiring, a grounding issue with the FX or even SMDR tring to use the same port. Message lights depend on that serial link.

OP Offline
Is it the link that is responsible for enabling the VMAIL button in the LCD window. Interesting that when the system locks up, message notification works, but email notification does not. Once rebooted, the emails are all released and sent. The link seems to be working most of the time. Any ideas?

TechSERV
OP Offline
Looks like the serial link is not the issue with the voicemail locking up. The link is working but the voicemails are not being posted in their respective boxes until after a reboot. In addition, when just pushing the intercom key on the phone, we were getting the greeting message. Really strange. I am convinced that the issue is in the VM box and not the FX. Thinking about changing out some hardware in the PC to see if we can identify the issue.

TechSERV
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
EMAIL notification??? That's the first of any mention of anything related to unified messaging. Was that a typo, or the real thing? If it was the real thing, then which is it? Serial link Message Waiting Lamp problems, phone message notification (calling out on your cell or pager to inform you of messages), or email notification?? If both MWL and email notification are having trouble, I'd say they could be two totally different problems.

Are you running a nightly continuous defrag?

Are you rebooting nightly?

Have you checked for database corruption?

Do you have an SMTP or IMAP problem (have you tested using testsmtp and/or testimap)?

Justin

OP Offline
Here is my core issue. Voicemails are coming in and when you go to check them all you get is the caller ID stamp and no message. When I reboot the system the messages are now accessable in the VM box. Outside of that in some of my mail boxes I have the email notification set up where it sends a wavefile to specified addresses each time a VM is left. In conjunction with my core issue, these emails are held up and not being sent while the system seems locked. After reboot, all the emails are released and sent out accordingly. I dont believe the above is related to the Serial link, but I have noticed the prompts in the LCD window that are made available by the serial link are disappearing intermittently.

Not running a nightly defrag but have defraged recently.

Rebooting daily as a necessity.

Not sure how to check for database corruption?

Have not tested SMTP or IMAP yet.

Thanks for your help guys.

TechSERV
OP Offline
New Update, we found some old files sitting in the ready file, in the VM folder. We deleted those and installed Diskeeper and are currently running that program. However, at this time the Serial link is going up and down intermittently but the Voicemail is still operating. Have checked all the cables and connections and they are good. We also performed a first time install on the system for clean up purposes. Messages have not locked up since some of these changes but the serial link is still acting up.

TechSERV
Make sure you go into services and turn off Windows Time, and/or go into the comdial.lnk file and put a question mark in place of the time and date sync entries. More than likely it's going up and down every time the PC tries to sync time to the network, assuming it's conected to a network with a Windows server/domain controller.

OP Offline
Thank you very much for everyones input. We found that there was corrupt data in the database and the fix above for the comdial.lnk file seemed to fix the serial link issues. We are good to go and you can close this session down at this point.

TechSERV

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,401 Shoretel
189,154 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024