Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#258140 04/03/08 04:37 AM
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anybody know how to Archive a VM Message?

What I’m looking for is the ability to remove a message left in a mail box and save it in a file type that can be played on most any PC.

Continuity of the message is important, i.e Digital to Digital is good; Digital to Analog to Digital is not good.

The system is a Key Voice DOS system with ver. 8.3 software.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It has been a day or three since I have done this but I believe we used a program here.. https://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.htmlIt is pretty simple to do. After conversion it is a MP3 file.

The system is a Key Voice DOS system with ver. 8.3 software.

Are you able to get into the system and access the audio files? If not I see no problem with recording off the extension. Analog to digital is of no consequence. You are talking a very limited frequency range which often will be poor quality so analog is probably 100 times more capable than necessary to capture it faithfully.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
The LEO is hung up on a "Chain of Evidence" issue, so the conversion he feels would be much better it there is less chance for manipulation.

So that is why I am requesting a Digital to Digital conversion.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Chain of evidence? Then move it from one voicemail to another, and play it directly from the voicemail unit. Then it stays in the voicemail and there is no conversion. Otherwise, give the one freddyg suggested a try. Let us know how it works for you.

Justin

No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, the LEO is requesting a CD to go in the case file so it can be easily played by commonly available methods, like a portable CD player or a computer. This LEO does not like the idea of going to analog AND he wants to witness the transfer off of the PC. He may not get all he wishes!

I have looked at the Australian site "fereddyg" supplied and found a myriad of programs offered by that company, none describing what I have been requested to do. Plus no phone contact. Upon contacting the company, the first thing they are going to ask is “What type of file needs converting?” at this point I can't even answer that simple question.

I’m still investigating and have feelers into some old Comdial/KVT employees and I may have to go to Dialogic, the maker of the voice cards.

If it's a Dialogic vox file, you should be able to play it with goldwave or other software. See below.

https://www.goldwave.com/features.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogic_ADPCM

No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank johnp

Works great, easy to follow software - Goldware.

Just had to change the original file ext to vox, then open the file and save as an mp3. Done.

Thanks again.
Rick

Now you've got me wondering if you can go the other way...

Anyone up for trying it?

Justin

No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup, "you can go the other way" - it works.

Used Goldwave to convert the mp3 file back to a vox file. Copied the file to a floppy and then transferred it on to the DOS voice mail system. I chose to overwrite a test message, changing the file extension to the MB message number at the same time.

KVT/Comdial(DOS versions) saves a message in the "M" sub directory as mg000000.nnn - where 000000 is replaced with the mail box number and nnn is replaced by the mailbox message number, such as MG000123.007 for message 7 in mail box 123.

The file extension of 007(or any message number) give no clue as to what type of file KVT/Dialogic uses - thank "johnp" for that info and the referral to Goldwave.

Replace whatever number the file extension is numbered with vox and use Goldwave to convert the vox to any number of the ~20 possible types of files Goldwave handles. AND via-a-versa.

The evaluation of Goldwave is free - just load the program to see what types of files it works with.

Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,899
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,018 Shoretel
190,198 CTX100 install
188,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024