web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I would appreciate any input on this problem. Tks.. for your help.
1.) Telephone System : Norstar Mics 6.1
2.) Quest T1:= (chs 1-16= d & 17-24 = v.)
3.) Router: = Cisco 1721
If the t1 is direct from t1 demarc to the Mics I can access 4 ot the 8-- 2 way trunks=ok at phones. If the t1- is routed to the Cisco router 1721 then to the Mics = No dial tone. Mics:
1.) ksu-1-card-1= t1
2.) line code= b8zs
3.) framing= esf
4.) clocking= primary
5.) internal csu= off
Quest T1 options are being requested 08-24-04.
Does anybody have any input?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Don't know if you got the information you needed but I hope this helps.

My understanding is that you are using a channelized T1 carrying both dedicated datacom services and switched voice that is terminating on the MICS. You'll need the following to be in place:
- The Bandwidth Allocation License installed and configured to pass up to 1.544 Mbps (Frac-Full T1) of data services to your router connected to the Norstar Data Interface (NDI) via V.35.
- The router transparently pulls channels from the T1 through the MICS for internet access.
- The NDI facilitates clocking and connectivity services between the MICS and the router.

SST Offline
Can I assume that the 1721 is acting as a drop and insert and that you have mapped the approriate trunks and their signalling type through the cisco router? I would double check the trunk signaling with the carrier and your mics. If you have an incomming toll free or DID on these trunks it's possible the carriers switch has started taking some of the trunks out-of-service-automatic. If these are EM wink trunks and a call hits a trunk (typically 3 times) with out a wink back, many C.O. switchs will remove the trunk from service. This maybe why you have some trunks working on the direct connect when by-passing the cisco. When mapping trunks through a drop and insert device the trunks must be designated as clear channel for the data band width. For voice trunks, you must enable RBS (robbed bit signaling) along with the trunk type (EM,loop, ground, etc...)

Wouldn't the clocking on the MICS need to be secondary or slave source?

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E 5.5 CallPilot 5.0
MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith"
Albert Einstein

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 189 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024