Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#259735 03/31/06 10:18 AM
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Afternoon,

I have a project I have been working on for some time and need some assistance. I recently obtained a Carrier Access Channel Bank I. Likewise, I got T1 service for it as well. The trick here is that I need to connect the channel bank to an IVR server I have. The IVR server is strictly analog and consists of 24 ports. From what I understand about channel banks, they convert T1 lines to 24 usable analog lines. This is precisely what I need to accomplish. I need to access each line through the bank and plug it in to my analog devices. I also have a modular punchdown block that really doesn't need to be punched down. It's sort of plug and play. I have the link to it here. https://www.telephonestuff.com/cata...D1A4B91E942CF75B385FC42D01F&pid=3464 So I guess what my question is, is any of this possible using the equipment I have? Am I going about this the right way?

Any telecom help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank You

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That Siemon block will work for connecting the analog lines from the carrier access output to your IVR if they have single port modular input to the IVR . What was the other question ? Thanks

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Oh by the way , will you complete your profile . It helps us to know who we are helping ! Thanks Alot . welcome

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for you super fast reply. I would like to point out that I do not have a KSU or PBX to plug the channel bank into. I am running it stanalone. So I guess my other question is, how do I configure the channel bank. Currently, I have had very little success. I call the numbers the telco provided to me and I get busy signals. I have not yet performed a successful call. I am actively toying with the bank settings. Actually there are tiny switches. Many switches for that matter. Additionally, all LED lights are solid green. The STATUS light flashes green. I really don't know what it all means.

Just as before, any help or advice would be greaty appreciated.
Thank you again

How ‘bout a lil’ more info on that “Carrier Access Channel Bank” you mentioned… I’d bet there are more variations of chan banks out there then switch you have to fiddle with on it. eek

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Do you know how your T1 Provider is handing off the circuit . Is it ESF B8ZS or D4 AMI ? Also do you have a manual for the Carrier Access unit ?

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I can tell you what I know about this particular model, or my understanding of it. This channel bank is a Carrier Access model. CAC Bank I. As far as I know, it can only carry voice transmissions. The CAC Bank II can do voice and data. At any rate, I do have the bank plugged into the T1 jack and all looks good. That is until I call a phone number associated with the T1. Then I get busy signals. All lights are solid green aside from the STATUS light that flashes green. Additionally, I do have the bank connected to a punchdown block that is running to my IVR server. Everything is connected but I have not been successful in getting a call throught yet. Know of anything I should try? Any tips you might have?

Greatly appreciated
Thank You

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm checking with the provider now. I am not sure how the circuit is being handed off. Which should I prefer?

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
You know, I had a manual for this device. Now that I need it I can't find it. Isn't that typical?

Since you're not carrying data on the channels format and coding does not matter … it JUST HAS TO MATCH AT BOTH ENDS!

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,778 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024