web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sounds like you have the signaling down, you call out and you say you call in and no more busy. Do like OBTW says, put a plain ol' phone on it on whichever channel you hit first, when you see it hit that channel on the channel bank pick up the phone and see if you have a connection, it won't ring, unless your bank is supplying ringing current. So if your equipment is looking for ringing that could be why it's not answering. Your bank probably has an option for ringing.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I didn't see a few of these posts and the questions that were presented to me. For the record, the bank is a Carrier Access I. The T1 service I have is a full T1. The lines are all voice with no allocation for data. The lines consist of 40 DID numbers. The telco says that they are using the wink start protocol. As far as I know I am also. At least that is how I set the DIP switches. I purchased the bank on E-Bay and am actively trying to get a manual. If not I am sure I can grab one from a reseller. As far as ringing, I think there is an adapter for that. I'm not sure but I could certainly use it right now. I did actually nearly puchase a RHINO bank but I decided to run with this one because of cost concerns. Actually, to tell the truth there wasn't a Rhino bank of e-bay and I decided against it. I also think I do have the signalling down, I am still actively trying to send a call across the T1 through the bank and to my standard POTS line phone. As usual, I will stay glued to the forum for further posts.

Thank you all so much,
I totally could not do any of this without the help and advice I have found here.

Ok
We squezzed out a little more info . How about posting the Model Number of your Carrier Access Unit ? If your IVR is looking for ringing generator to be present as an incoming call indicator , you will need that adapter. If you have 12 standard Modems but 24 Analog Channels . The math does not add up . 24-12=12 channels that will RNA . Also why 40 DID numbers for a 24 Channel IVR ? :shrug:

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
The model number for the Carrier Access Bank I is 900-0075. As far as the IVR goes. It actually is a Multitech ZDX Rack. 12 standard Multitech external modems can be placed inside. The 12 modems are data voice fax modems. Additionally, I have another rack that contains 12 more modems. I was going to combine them and connect them both to the channel bank using the punchdown block. The block consists of 24 ports and with the two modem racks I will have 24 ports to work with. As far as the 40 DID numbers, that is the way that XO provisioned them for me. True I can't use all the numbers but they couldn't give me just 24. It was either 20 or 40. So they kind of backed me into a corner on that one. So I chose 40. In your previous post you use an acronym RNA : What does this stand for?

Thank you again

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is my report so far. Nothing has really changed as of yet.I have placed numerous calls into the channel bank and even though the standard telephone does not ring I still cannot answer it. I mean, I lift the phone off of it's cradle as soon as I see the green LED light kick on but no dice. Still no connection. This is odd, I can dial out but still can't receive a call.

Admin
Admin
RNA = Ring No Answer

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
I assume the channel you see light on the channel bank is the same channel you have the phone plugged into, have to ask. If you can call out than you are seizing the line, so in theory an in coming call should do the same. How many lights on each channel and what are they? Lit or not what are they labled?

Retired phone dude
When you call one of the DID numbers from lets say your Cell Phone . What do you hear from your Cell Phone ?
Try it and listen carefully as tones can be tricky . I will list choices you pick the most correct !

1.Dead air
2.A Recording
3.A 1 second off 1 second on Busy Tone
4.A burst of Ring Tone then a .5 second off .5 second on Busy Tone
5.A .5 second off .5 second on Busy Tone
6.A long silence then a .5 second off .5 second on Busy Tone
7.A long silence then a 1 second off 1 second on Busy Tone
8.Normal Ringtone as if calling Pizza's To Go

Let us know , Thanks
smile

All I can find on line is the description of the channel band. The installation manual and user guide is PN 770-0005, but looks like you have to order either hard copy or CD, I can't find a download.

Retired phone dude
Another consideration since it was purchased off Ebay the unit may be defective . If you saw a RHINO Channel Bank on Ebay you should have purchased it . Or posted here prior to purchase . Oh By The Way the Multitech ZDX is not an IVR Server its a dial up modem rack and in no way resembles a server. An IVR system is an "Itergrated Voice Response System" that interacts with a human voice response to process calls . What is your meaning of an IVR Server ? Good Luck

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,778 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024