Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
It's a long story on how I am using the dial up modeem bank as an IVR interface. I have a piece of software that governs all of the modems. If I can successfully get this working, the calls come through the channel bank and into one of the 24 modems. The modem answers the call and presents the caller with a menu etc.etc. Additionally, if another call comes in on another line it is routed to a different modem with a different answer phrase etc. etc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I do have some good news to report. Not even 3 minutes ago, I just called the bank again and the phone attached to it rang. It only rang once. I answered it and it successfully connected me. However, I can't get the modems to answer the same call. I think the reason I couldn't receive calls is because I just had the T1 line delivered yesterday and activated last night. Perhaps it took the CO some time to get all of the services activated.

Online Content
Unicode, we assume some stuff, maybe shouldn't and I sure assumed you had verified with the carrier the trunks on your T-1 were up and ready.

If your phone rings and your modem doesn't answer you need to check your modem options.

Retired phone dude
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
XO Communications told me that the lines were functioning. I called them a couple of times yesterday evening. According to them, the could see my equipment connected and it was IDLE. I couldn't place a call into the thing to save my life but now I can. I'm just guessing really. Just thinking out loud. I'm not sure why it works not but did not before. Also, I am wrong. The modems do indeed answer. However, I noticed that before a call is connected, a 4 digit series of numbers is dialed by the channel bank before successful communication is established. I am not sure what is being dialed but after you hear it, the call connects. At any rate, I think the dialing is throwing off my modem and causing and interruption.

Online Content
Sound to me like you requested DENIS digits from the supplier, this is a common request on DID trunks. But why would the phone ring if DENIS is being sent?? Is the phone ringing everytime now and on every port?

Retired phone dude
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I know that this IVR thing is going to continue to be asked about so I will fill you in a bit more about it. I have an IVR software package named NCH Swiftsound IVM. Additionally, I have 2 Multitech ZDX racks and modems that consist of 24 ports total. Inside my PC I have a Moxa PCI 8 port serial card. Up to 4 Moxa cards can be installed in one PC. I only plan to use 3. 8x3=24. And that's it in a nutshell. I realize that it is not a true IVR solution, but it can function similarly to one.

By the way, you guys are great! I am sure you all know what I'm talking about when I say nobody in my office understands me. As a result, I have no one to speak about in terms of tech stuff. Everyone thinks I'm some kind of freak that speaks in tongues or something. Good to find a place where all this is understood.

Really appreciate it
Thank You

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Didn't see your question there last time "justbill". Yes, so far the phone rings everytime. I am testing all the ports now. There is 24 of them so this might take me a minute or two. So far out of 9 tested, all looks ok.

Online Content
Do you have a butt set? If so tap into the line and see if you hear digits when the phones rings or after answer. I'm betting there's digits after answer. If so you'll have to get your supplier to kill the digits if you don't want them, or your modem to ignore them. Did you request the digits because after the modem answers you need the call to go to a specific message or port on your voice response system? Sounds like the T-1 and trunks are working, so from there it's how you want them to interface.

Just wanted to add, if telco isn't giving you the digits and you don't have them at the phone, they must be coming from your modems.

Retired phone dude
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't own a butt set. I do however have a Walgreens phone I picked up for 5 bucks. On that phone when I call it and pick it up, I hear digits being dialed. Just 4 digits and then the call is established. I think you might be right. The digits may be being dialed after the call is connected. It's hard to say with certainty. I did not request the digits from the CO. Before I call XO and have them kill the digits, any ideas on how I can get a modem to ignore them?

Online Content
No, I would think even with the digits your modem would connect. If you get the digits than you modem is answering cause those digits shouldn't be dumped until after an answer. So now you have to go from there, you don't have a T-1 or trunk problem from what I'm hearing from you now.

Retired phone dude
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,722 Shoretel
189,760 CTX100 install
187,921 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 102 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024