Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I thank you. However, I'm not sure how to proceed now. The modems do answer but it disconnects the call. What's really the difference between a regular phone and a regular modem? Is there a difference?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I think for sure I am going to have to dump the digits because the software that governs the modems thinks it is placing an outbound call when the digits are dialed. That is the message I am hearing. "We're sorry, the call could not go through" etc. etc. I don't think it is the modems now, I think it is the software.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
To answer OBTW on his post from last night. Q: When you call one of the DID numbers from lets say your Cell Phone . What do you hear from your Cell Phone?
A: At the time this was occuring, I think option (5) was the closest to describing what was happening. Option 5 was 5.A .5 second off .5 second on Busy Tone

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I'm still wrong. I am noticing a new thing now. I don't think the punchdown block I have is representing a seperate number for each port. For example, I dialed one of the numbers from the DID and plugged the phone into port 1 of the block. The phone rang. Additionally, I dialed a second number and did not move the line from port 1 of the block and although the number dialed is different, the phone still rang. https://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_SPB-V.htm?sid=8C120153988EDC9DC0DE6B7DF283C8BF

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
What I need is for each port on the punchdown block to represent it's own individual phone number. Perhaps I still do not have something configured correctly.

"We're sorry your call didn't" whatever, is a supplier recording, that would only be if your modems are dialing out. Work one channel at a time until you get what you want. Sounds to me from your discription of what you want, you don't want DID's you just want POTS with a hunt group. Or if you want specific numbers to go to specific modems you just need 24 POTS lines.

Retired phone dude
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I know it sounds crazy, but the T1 itself is far cheaper than having 24 pots lines installed in my location. I know, I priced it. I have more news now, the modem finally did answer correctly. Again, I just played with the DIP switches. By messing with the switches I no longer hear the dialed digits anymore. It is good news so far. I do want to accomplish at least one more thing. I have seen that the SFX cards that are installed in the channel bank can perform 3-way calls. I would like to perhaps hear what you know about channel banks and this feature.

I thank you for your time and patience with me. I work in IT and have not had much training in telecom so this is a huge project for me and it has presented a number of challenges as you can plainly see.

Thank You

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I do have another question. What if I don't want the hunt group feature? Can I have XO remove that feature. I don't mind if a second caller gets a busy signal if they dial the same number. I do not anticipate huge call volumes anyway. So far during the remainder of my preliminary testing I have successfully established connections with 3 modems. Each played a different message when I called them based on the number that was dialed. That's good. However, I did call the same number from two phones and that's when the channel bank threw me into another modem and played the wrong greeting. You see, this whole thing is about controlling the path a caller embarks on. If I don't know where the calls are going or how they are going to be handled then I'm in trouble.

I just meant 24 separate numbers on yout T1 not 24 lines coming in. Not being their it's really hard to understand some of what's happening. I'm not familiar with your channel bank so know nothing of it's features.

Yes just tell them no hunting, now your back to 24 plain old telephone numbers on your T-1.

Retired phone dude
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Super, it really defeats what I would like this equipment to do if it hunts around. I know that sounds insane to you but it's what I need. I need them to function much like POTS lines. As far as having a hard time understanding what I'm experiencing over here, you should come on over. LOL! Illinois is just a skip and jump from Western Nebraska!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,781 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024