web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just need help deciding which channel bank to use for my home phone system with Asterisk. I want to get 23 phone lines of FXS that can work with dial-pulse in addition to DTMF. What's your recommendation, Newbridge, Adit, Adtran, or....?

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Channel+Bank

I've used the Zhone channel banks (E-Bay Specials) without any issues. Cant specifically remember ever using one for pulse dial but I believe they support it without any issues.

Programming them is rather fun too laugh About 200 steps to make dial tone.

I've also used an Adit 600 (and remember pulse working) and it was a nice experience. They will hit you hard in the wallet tho.

Obviously any channel bank in theory will work to give dialtone, but just like everything else, not all things are created equal.

OP Offline
I do have an ADIT 600 already, but unfortunately there's a password I can't seem to get rid of on the TDM card. Definately not looking to spend a fortune on the project, but don't mind a little extra time in setting it up.

If you can get into the adit 600, they are fairly easy to program. I have one that I have setup for 12 ringdowns. Port 1 rings port 13 and vice versa all the way down the row. I guess I got lucky and found one without a password.

we always use Adtran.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Adtran's TSU600 is pretty versatile. We've run pulse-dial DID trunks through them with no trouble.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Did you program the ADIT 600 through the serial port, or the ethernet port? I got mine free from a building being demolished, it has the backup battery as well, but having that password really is a disappointment. Not sure where else I can find another chammel bank though.

I programmed mine through the serial port and found mine the same way as you did.

I swear when I first picked it up, I tried to get into it and couldn't due to a password. It sat on a shelf for close to 2 years and I decided to try again and got in. I don't know if it lost the password after all that time or if I am just crazy but either way, I have searched all over the place for a way to default them and have come up empty so far.

I've lost the link I had how to use the dip switches but they are also programmable by the dip switches on the main card by default. If it wasn't disabled via the serial port you might have a chance of making it work.

The other option depending on how you plan to use it, is to use the settings it is already programmed with. If it just has FXS ports, then the configuration is pretty simple and could probably be made to work as is.

OP Offline
This is good to know. I think that it's on NVRAm then, if it cleared after a couple of years. I am going to look up each chip on the TDm controller and see if I can figure out where it is located. It would be amazing to get this thing working!

An old trick for computer's with locked BIOS is to pop the back-up button battery for the NVRam and wait about an hour. It will bleed down and reset.

Dont know if that will work for this. I would GUESS it would but if it goes wrong you will brick it (sounds like it is anyways).

I guess it's worth a shot since it's useless anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024