web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dnorman Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking for a device (voice channel bank) that will take a dedicated voice T1 or PRI from a long distance provider using E&M and break it down into individual voice channels (24 for T1, 23 for PRI). This device will also have analog ports that will map back to the individual channels from which a modem will be connected for both inbound and outbound traffic. The difficulty I am having is that I need a device that will take ANI from the long distance carrier, either through outband signaling from the PRI D channel or inband signaling from a T1, and send it to the analog port as caller ID where the caller ID is displayed between the first and second ring.
Please let me know if you have such a device for sale. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Why not add some form a small PBX with PRI trunking and analog set output . You need to have a D channel to talk to the venders PRI then just pass it on to the pots ports that have clid and your set just plan T-1 will not pass the clid need the PRI.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Actually, T1 WILL pass CID on a per channel basis. We are using an Asterisk to convert a PRI to a T1 with 23 E&M lines with CID and disabled 24th line in the Mitel that is receiving the T1. Why? The Mitel is G1005 and not capable of PRI. Nor of CID without a "SPINE" bay that is just as obsolete as the G1005 and is a 48 port bay that was/is $$$$$$$$$$ to deploy. But, the Mitel IS capable of CID on a T1! It's just that most providers won't provide it!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Talking with a couple of other folks, we are sure that 1 or more manufacturer makes exactly what you want. What you want is a T1 to FXS conversion channel bank, IF your provider will put CID on each channel. Otherwise, it may need to be a PRI to FXS conversion. However, PRI tends to be unreliable for modem communication, whereas T1 is pretty darn reliable for fax and modem, in my experience. Contact Adtran for appropriate equipment and a local outlet, would be my suggestion.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
You need an Atlas 550 as well as a TA750 channel bank. The Atlas will map each DID from the PRI onto a channel of another T1 that goes to the 750 to be split into FXS ports. You may also be able to get enough FXS ports stuffed into the 550 itself.

I've done this before with Asterisk and a quad-port T1 card.

T1/PRI from carrier goes in one port, T1/Pri/Whatever comes out one port to customer's PBX/etc, third port comes out and goes into a FXS/FXO channel bank.

It all works best if there is a PRI coming from the carrier as it's easy to do call routing based upon DID/CID/Etc.

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,892 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024