web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone found a half-way reasonable solution for Music-on-Hold in a small office that has multi-line phones (no KSU). I know of Skutch (www.skutchelectronics.com), but frankly these either require user behavior change (press * before putting the call on hold) or require a rather gross physical "integration" of their device with a phone. Neither solution is a good one, in my opinion.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
On-Hold Plus MOH 6500 claims to be designed for multi-line telephones.

https://www.onholdplus.com/products/OHP-6500-%252d-MP3-Digital-On%252dHold-Audio-Player-for-Regular-Multi%252dLine-Telephones.html

The MOH 500e is listed for NoKSU phones, but the information page for the product is non-functional.

https://www.onholdplus.com/products/MOH-500e-%252d-Music%252dOn%252dHold-Adapter-for-Multi%252dLine-%26-KSU%252dLess-Phones.html

I Love FEATURE 00
I have one of those 6500 devices for analog trunks.

Supports up to 4 CO lines.

PM me if you want it.

D

OP Offline
Thanks dexman, but that's similar to other devices I'm trying to avoid, in that it/they require the user to do an extra step (press ** or press the button on their little in-line device). I'm hoping (against all hope, it seems) that someone has a device that detects that a line has been put on-hold in the same way that the other phones know to blink their line indicator when a line is put on-hold. That seems so simple--how is that done?

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
why not just invest in a real phone system ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
We recently helped a customer add MOH ...they had ksu-less 4-line phones(NSQ412)with matching on hold adapter (MP-412). Uses "hold button" for actuation. It's mfg by International Resources. I'm told they are sold under Verizon, Quest, and Frontier brands. This "matching" on hold adapter has an internal music chip with pretty bad music, but it works. The customer hooked one of our mp3 players to it(defeating the internal music) and it seems to be dependable.

OP Offline
@skip: It's not for us (we have a "real" phone system). But we encounter small businesses all the time that have some random brand of 2-line or 4-line phones that they bought from OfficeMax/etc. They want MoH but don't necessarily have the finances to upgrade to a "real" phone system. We're not even in the phone business (we're in the fax business), but I've heard this request so many times that I thought I'd do some research and see what was out there.

@dan: The concept of the MP-412 is exactly what I'm looking for, just for other 4-line systems. Of course this one is proprietary and works only with the NSQ412. But thanks for the info.

I have used the "On-Hold PLUS" OHP 6500 MP3 Digital On-Hold Audio System. It is made for KSU-less systems. Works with up to 4 lines. I regularly use the OHP 6000. They are very flexible

edited to remove prices

Don't push your product. If you'd like to advertise contact the boards sponsor.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,401 Shoretel
189,151 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Keyset6, jeffmoss26), 126 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024