Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27883 07/31/02 08:27 AM
cnbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
I am in need of some straight advice and opinions on the Comdial FX2 with Interchange VM.

We looking to potentially upgrade/replace our old DXP which is currently running two TI-PRIs, 16 IST ports and 128 DST ports with Integrated Corporate Office VM (DOS).

The replacement is sparked by problems with the voice mail and problem after problem after problem with ghost issues, DSS lights not mapped to anything lighting up and a whole bucket full of other items. We're also looking to potentially install Unified Messaging for key personnel, and follow-me/find-me, as well as Fax-mail.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Chris Brown
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#27884 08/01/02 05:54 AM
Is your current system a DXP or A DXP Plus?
What software load is your system now?
Are you looking at doing any Voice over IP?
If your system is a DXP and you do not need Voice over IP. It would be more cost effective to up grade to a DXP Plus as all your common card can be retained.
I would go with the 6 meg ram board.
If you do need Voice over IP in the next year or so go with the FXII CPUII ServII with ram up kit.
If it is ghost issues that you are trying to over come I would first try doing a master clear 3 and re-program the system. The programming can be done with VMMI then saved and reloaded into the system on off hours. When building the Data base in vmmi use default mode 3 as well.
Hope this helps.
One more thing is if you have classic impact telephone make sure these get installed on FXSDS cards and not on FXLDS cards. Handset volume is ampliphed by FXLDS cards.

[This message has been edited by CTIGuyz (edited August 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by CTIGuyz (edited August 01, 2002).]

#27885 08/01/02 08:45 AM
cnbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply.

We have a DXP, software 13A DXCPU-68K.

I have some concerns with the fact that Comdial has EOL'ed the DXP series and no longer even providing support themselves. I saw a document that stated they have outsourced support to another company and all parts available are refurb only. Our DXP is completely full, the only slot that is free for for a DID or other similar line card.

We don't have need for VoIP right now, however the company tries to stay on the cutting edge (not bleeding) of technology. We actually run a informal call center with several veteran users telecommuting, I could see how VoIP for the DSL users may work.

Thanks for the advice on the CPU and ram board as well as the station cards. We use both Classic and SCS phones.

The ghost problems that we've been experiencing have not been solved by master clears and reloads. We have IST cards that do not send out ring signals strong enough for the VM to pickup to answer the line. The services card, AUX card, DTMF receivers, IST card, and ring generators have been replaced. We also have a situation where lights on phones are lighting up for no reason, the buttons will not even have anything mapped in VMMI. Pressing the button does nothing. The only thing that will clear the light is a system reset.

I would love to save the cash and not replace the entire system out, but I'm beginning not to trust this system.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Brown

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,734 Shoretel
189,793 CTX100 install
187,936 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024