web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
When I manually create a line to line transfer, I get "sorry your call did not go through" from the Telco.
The numbers I am dailing are valid and are not restricted in Toll/Ars.

My procedure is Ihave a live call, then press transfer, dial 9, then hang up.
I get a 20 second or more of dead silence, then 1 ring, then the above mentioned statement from the Telco.

Just for testing purposes, I tried to reproduce the Telco error message, and I did by dialing intercom 9 to go out on the T's, then I dialed 214-564-763 and left out the last digit on purpose, got the silence, and then the error message from Logix.
Could it be timing on the FX?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Line to line transfer requires that option from the C.O. Then use use the tap key to transfer. Most C.O.'s require 500ms timing, check with then to make sure then set the the flash time to 500ms.

CMDL_GUY is right about external line to line transfer. If your question is about unsupervised line to line conference on the switch, the proceedure you described is not exactly how you would do that. Establish call 1, press trns/cnf, establish 2nd, press trns/cnf for you and the two lines to be conferenced then press '#' to drop out and leave the lines conferenced. This is limited by line to line timer (30 min, I think). Are you testing on an LCD phone and if so is there an message on screen when this occurs or does it look like a normal call.

chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know I hung up. Okay for the original problem. On a Keyvoice NT 16 Port.
The customer wants to give callers the opportunity to reach mail box owners on their cell phones by way of pressing 3 during the greeting, and it dials the 10 digit number in the call transfer field. I have the field " if caller chooses other options, go to box " and it is set for the same box number in which the vmail dials that number( the 10 digit). This works at other sites fine.

So, this is how I discovered the error message from the Telco.

My other sites that use this have PRI's.
They work fine.

Probably is VM timing. Try adding a couple of commas in front of the number to be dialed.

chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
That didn't work. Example: ,,972-333-3875

Acctually, as I was thinking about it last night, I thought that maybe it would be better to put the commas at the end of the digits in the sequence to complete a transfer external.

For key voice to transfer while in greeting it is not "3" it is 4 and set the number in the call transfer field.

The absoulte best way to do this is have your CO lines as centrex lines.

Using centrex lines will allow the call to be sent back to the CO and have it transfer the call.

This will free up the line and you will not have the problem of tying up 2 CO lines and loss of volume.

If you use this with centrex, in the key voice transfer string use #04 as a hook flash to the CO.

DJ

chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, I will try 4 and put a couple commas at the end.

Tipandring explained about tying up two lines for one call which is why I advised on the C.O. option. We do this for real estate agents all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024