web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#29265 04/27/04 03:49 AM
OP Offline
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is having this type of error when transfering to a certain extension via the corp office DX voice mail auto attendant. It sometimes says, "invalid extension" when you try to goto that extension. All of the routing boxes are set up correctly. This usually works but I am getting complaints that some callers get this error. Also the extension user gets this error sometimes when trying to access her voice mail. Any suggestions and help with this matter are appreciated.Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is no prompt that says "invalid extension" unless you recorded it over some other prompt. There is a prompt that says " I'm sorry that is not a valid entry"
Is the incoming caller dialing an extention number or selecting a menu choice?
From the inside, the person presses the VM button and hears "please enter your password" is this where they get the "invalid" prompt?
If you can clear this up I might have an answer for you.
mark

What extensions are giving you an 'invalid' prompt. What is the range and length of extensions you are you using? Is there hardware(DET) associated with the 'invalid' ext(s)?

I think sometimes the dx80 reads digits wrong because I get invalid password or mailbox frequently when programming and I know i am entering them correctly.

For the best digit recognition for internal dialing(checking voice mail from a dx80 set) is to turn off the audible touch tones. I think its FEATURE #1.

OP Offline
Mark: you are correct, it says" Im sorry ,that is not a valid entry".The incoming caller is dialing an extension. Also, yes, the user is getting that message right after it says to enter your password.

Capitol: Extension 108 is giving me a hard time and the only hardware is just the DET itself. I have not swapped the phone out yet.

Bikechuck: I agree with you bro, its not happening alot, but its happening enough for this particular customer to just complain and gripe about and its becomimg a pain in my @$%$#^%$#. Sorry , had to vent

Thanks for the help fellas, I appreciate it.

For the problem from the inside do what Cap said, change to tone off F#1, if that doesn't do it swap the phone you might have a weak or bad dial pad.
Outside problem; make sure the "seconds to wait for additional digit" in the routing box program is set to at least 4 secs. If this problem is from cellular callers it's the cell users trouble. Also make sure you don't have a noisey incoming line causing the tones not to be recognized. If all this fails, tell me what software the system has.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited April 29, 2004).]

OP Offline
Thanks Mark, Ill try all the suggestions next time Im out there and let you know what happened.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024