web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#29867 07/22/04 01:16 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
Just replaced our old debut vm with a newer Key voice Debut but been having problmes when it comes to accessing individual mailboxes. Everytime access a mailbox the debut will respond with " I sorry that is not a valids entry.....If you know your party's extension....etc" I have a Comdial DSU I with 16 lines and 32 extensions. Need some help with this problem.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#29868 07/22/04 02:03 AM
First thing I look at is the answering routing box. Does it have its own routing box nmber in the option 9 field. If not put it in there and try a call.

If that does not work then it sounds like a trans.txt issue.

run trace mode and see what is being brought in and what it is matching.

#29869 07/22/04 02:44 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
When you say the answering routing box, do you mean box 800? If it is a trans.txt issue what would I need to do?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDOG3c:
First thing I look at is the answering routing box. Does it have its own routing box nmber in the option 9 field. If not put it in there and try a call.

If that does not work then it sounds like a trans.txt issue.

run trace mode and see what is being brought in and what it is matching.
</font>

#29870 07/22/04 03:24 AM
For a trans.txt issue you should run trace with the "T" flag. This will show you how the vm is interpreting the digits from the switch. The vm goes thru each rule in trans.txt from the top of the file down until it reaches a match for the digits sent. The trace will show you the progress thru the ruls until the match with the "T" flag turned on. Comdial had made some changes in reason codes a couple of years ago but the trans.txt still had the old reason codes up front but it still would not hurt to verify.

Kerry

#29871 07/22/04 03:43 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
For a trans.txt issue you should run trace with the "T" flag. This will show you how the vm is interpreting the digits from the switch. The vm goes thru each rule in trans.txt from the top of the file down until it reaches a match for the digits sent. The trace will show you the progress thru the ruls until the match with the "T" flag turned on. Comdial had made some changes in reason codes a couple of years ago but the trans.txt still had the old reason codes up front but it still would not hurt to verify.

Kerry
</font>

#29872 07/22/04 03:47 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
IS this all done in DOS with a remote laptop. I noticed trans.txt when I do a DIR on my laptop. Is thios were I access the trans.txt and if so how do I run a trace. I am fairly new at this and I apologize for asking too many questions.

Kerry
</font>

#29873 07/22/04 04:17 AM
The trace flags are entered in the "Other Customizations" screen of Database Admin.
Turn the trace on from the Line status screen with Alt&F5. The digit translation will then show Line status screen. Make a test call and you should see how it is translating that call. To compare with trans.txt you will have exit to DOS and edit the trans.txt to see what is there. Section 7.13 in the install manual explains the trans.txt file. Feel free to ask questions that is what the board is for.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited July 22, 2004).]

#29874 07/22/04 06:17 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I did a trace from the line status. When someone tries to access vm from their station the first digit in the trace is 9. That is when you hear "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry" From their they would have to press the # key to access their mailbox. On our old system, you would just have to enter your password to accdess your mailbox. There is something missing in the routing I presume. Any suggestions?
The trace flags are entered in the "Other Customizations" screen of Database Admin.
Turn the trace on from the Line status screen with Alt&F5. The digit translation will then show Line status screen. Make a test call and you should see how it is translating that call. To compare with trans.txt you will have exit to DOS and edit the trans.txt to see what is there. Section 7.13 in the install manual explains the trans.txt file. Feel free to ask questions that is what the board is for.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited July 22, 2004).]
</font>

#29875 07/22/04 06:32 AM
When you did the trace you should have seen a set of digits from the switch that the voice mail translates thru a set of rules in trans.txt what were those digit and did it match a rule?

#29876 07/22/04 06:32 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimbo32:
When you say the answering routing box, do you mean box 800? If it is a trans.txt issue what would I need to do?
</font>

The box that you have answering the call. it may be 800. That is usually the default box. you can check under system information and then line information. this will tell you which box is aswering on which port.

Unless you are using the trans.txt to send it to a specific box using the line id.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024