web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Anyone know the real reason a Dos vmail does not reload after exiting to Dos at 3:00 AM? You cannot manually run scandisk on this machine either. I don't like the answers I hear to defeat the exit to Dos mode....Any ideas? Thanks

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Is this a new install?? If not, when did this start to happen? It sounds as if you do not have the scandisk.exe in DOS or the path is not correct. Have you done a directory search in DOS? Do you have the disks that came with the VM?? Have you gone into programming to see what it actually does at 3:00am? You want to get it to run scandisk like it's suppose to do---not defeat it from doing it. It needs to do it's designed maintenance. Do you have an e-mail address? There is a Comdial/KeyVoice moderator in South Texas who could probably help you. Good Luck.

Admin
OP Offline
Admin
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JWRacedog:
Is this a new install?? If not, when did this start to happen? It sounds as if you do not have the scandisk.exe in DOS or the path is not correct. Have you done a directory search in DOS? Do you have the disks that came with the VM?? Have you gone into programming to see what it actually does at 3:00am? You want to get it to run scandisk like it's suppose to do---not defeat it from doing it. It needs to do it's designed maintenance. Do you have an e-mail address? There is a Comdial/KeyVoice moderator in South Texas who could probably help you. Good Luck. </font>

[Linked Image]
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
</font>
No it's not new. It's been in 9 months. I have several sites doing the same thing. We usually pull out these units and replace them with repaired units that work as designed. What I am missing is what would cause this situatuion. We have installed over 400 of these units and rarely see this issue...but have seen it more than once..

[Linked Image]
"What I am missing is what would cause this situatuion."

1. Power spike/fluctuation/blackout/brownout while system was doing maintenance. This might cause corrupted files somewhere in DOS--maybe in "maintenance" files.
2. Someone deleted some "maintenance" files in DOS when they were editing.
3. Someone changed or deleted batch files when editing.
My guess is number one. If you can't start the scandisk.exe from the DOS prompt---then that file is probably shot---you'll have to do a copy from the CDs or DOS disk that came with the system.

Check your autoexec.bat file and make sure it is the same as a working system

Shut down the voicemail to the c:\vm prompt.

type DISKM and hit enter.

This will start the maint routine it does n at 3:00. watch it and see at what point the system locks up.

Does it give you an error code?

You may have to reload DOS, make sure you copy you autoexec.bat and you config.sys out first, or just rename them.

let us know what you find.

Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Wow what a day...Why do we still do this? OK update- backed system down to vm prompt. Ran DISKM. Immediate loss of video and reboot in 5 seconds. Reboots in endless loop. Ran check against known good test vmail and all files looked good. Decided to reload DOS. Ran install approximately 45 seconds and all @#*% hit the fan. Total system died..won't restart. I can't even get it to recognize hard drive. Will replace tomorrow and reload. Thanks for your input.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024