web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3034 08/19/04 05:52 AM
OP Offline
My office is in the process of moving and needs a new phone system. We have had comparative bids from NEC (Electra Elite IPK) Comdial (DX-80) and Intertel (Intertel Access). I need to know any pros or cons of these systems. Which system is going to work best for my office(New office will have my business and a tenant. 18 handsets and about 10 lines.) Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#3035 08/19/04 09:43 AM
Administrator
Administrator
First thing you need to do is throw away all of those bids and call Russ (DTMF here on the board) and get a bid from him.
(dtmf) Russ Brandes- SLC, Utah-office 801-562-5576 cell801-244-8665 - IM [email protected]

Avaya Partner, Comdial, Telrad

Today [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#3036 08/19/04 09:48 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Russ should be able to get you taken care of with a quality system.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#3037 08/19/04 10:11 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
jspeterson,

I see you want something that will grow as well as accept new upgrades in the future, I would have to say that the Telrad would be something you may want to look into. Depending on how big you are looking to grow the Nec and Panasonic are others you may want to look at also. And of course lets not forget the Avaya it may just be the most user friendly system out there.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 19, 2004).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#3038 08/19/04 03:16 PM
Inter-Tel is a great phone system, but it can be pricy. It will do all you want and need it to do.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
#3039 08/19/04 04:03 PM
just about any system out now will meet your needs.
some things to consider:

The shop: HAve they been around a while? How long have they had the product? What type of warranties? How long will they give free programming changes? and what type of training.

Equipment. HOw much will it cost to add a phone later? is it a brand new release? or is it so old that it may be discontinued to where you will only be able to get refurb parts?

Grant it some systems are stronger than others and somettimes that strength comes with a strong price. Sometimes you can get a lot ofr bang for your buck but when you have a lot of problems because the software still has bugs...

Anyway it is best to shop for a quality Vendor and let them decide for you. A good shop would become a partner with you. Decide what you want the system to do and then what you would like the sytem to do. Make it clear to the shop that you decide upon. give a realistic price target and the shop will give you the best they have to offer. Then, scour message boards, find complaints and make sure the shop can address them to your liking. I don't know DTMF, but if his shop is as good as his knowledge on these boards you cana't go wrong.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#3040 08/20/04 03:21 AM
My impression of the newer Comdial products is very, very, poor. There quality control and quality of product has gone down the tubes.
The Intertel is a great product, but it is very pricey.
Talk to Russ!
The Avaya or the Telrad would probably be the best way to go.

#3041 08/20/04 04:57 AM
TOE SHIBA is the way to GO........

#3042 08/20/04 02:34 PM
I agree with all the comments in this thread but I will say it another way.
PICK A GOOD VENDOR, (DTFM) then let the vendor ask about your business, and let the vendor pick the phone system he thinks is best for you. I know dtmf will give you excellent service.

#3043 09/01/04 06:42 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paul144:
My impression of the newer Comdial products is very, very, poor. There quality control and quality of product has gone down the tubes.
The Intertel is a great product, but it is very pricey.
Talk to Russ!
The Avaya or the Telrad would probably be the best way to go.
</font>

When you post a blanketed statement like that. I think you need to Clarify more about what product you are talking about.

I want to clarify this. I assume you are talking about what products you deal with. I am assuming you have only dealt with the DX-80. Yes, this product is on the low end.

Every company out there has there low end product. They want to compete with the small business field.

The small businessman what's to pay nothing and get everything, so more money is dumped into software apps then into quality of the phones.

For what the DX-80 is, it does allot for the money.

Now if you want to look at the Comdial FXII. That is a quality product and I would put it up against any other system for the same price.

We sell NEC and Comdial and just like everybody else that makes phone systems. There are issues but they work on them and get them resolved.

You get what you pay for with product and service.

Yes, you might find that Joe down the street will cost you only 60 dollars and hour for service, but will he fix it within that hour? Does he have the resources to resolve the issue? will it take him 3 visits to get it resolved.

These are issues you should be looking at also when selecting a dealer to service and install your new system.

my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 58 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024