web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#30881 01/11/05 12:47 AM
OP Offline
I recently bought a comdial phone system off eBay to put in the office here. It came with 6 phones, but I am currently using only 3 of them. I will start by explaining the configuration. I have the PBX itself in the main office, along with the attendant phone (ext 10) which is a 6614E-PG. And I have a phone in each of the other rooms, and they are 6714S-PG. I am not sure what PBX it is for sure, on the front of the black box it just says "Comdial Executech" but it did have a sticker on the side that I managed to get some info from. "N0616 R:M S:13A 10/96" I am not sure if somebody can decipher that, but from my research, I think it may be an Executech 2000 system, but I am not sure. Now, for my questions.

Is there a way that I can completely do a system "restore" so to speak and remove all the previous configurations and set the system back to default?

The PBX has a 6 line capacity and was originally in a Doctor's office. Some of the DSS buttons have extension numbers programmed in them, and others have outside lines. I make use of lines 1&2. Some of the phones have all 6 lines in them, and I don't need that, and others don't have line 1 or 2 on them at all or vice versa. My question here is, how do I erase the buttons that have outside lines programmed on them and make use of other features on them, or how do I set buttons to outside lines that are not already on the phone?

I have also tried to store feature codes on some of the buttons, but they never save for some reason. On my attendant station, I can get feature codes to save, but not on the other two. (I have before, but I no longer get them to stay.) For example you push a button and it turns on the BG Music instead of actually pushing the keycode of ITCM * 1.

I also want to disable the ringing of line 2 on ext 11 but can't figure that out either. I only want ext 11 to ring when a call comes in from line 1. I don't care if the light blinks for that line, but I don't want it to physically ring. Line 1 & 2 are different phone numbers for different purposes.

I have a few more problems, but I will get into those later because they arent as important. I would really like to get ahold of a manual, but I can't because I am not for sure even what system I have. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

------------------
Charles E. Decker IV
https://deeplist.com
[email protected]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would suggest getting your hands on a manual or a Tech. Way too much in programming to cover on a message board.

you have an Executech 616XE system. Use the manual link above to get a manual. If you need additional help contact me directly using the info in my profile. You need to much help to type it all in this forum.
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,276 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,387 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024