web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#31447 03/16/05 07:02 AM
OP Offline
I have a voice mail box that I can access if I dial in to the main line. When I try to transfer a call to that box the phone shows “out of service”. How can I set up the mailbox so that I can transfer calls to it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This will depend on what VM system you use, but if it's comdial you will need to program a Transfer to Voicemail button. Then you press that button and dial the number and hang up.
Mark

OP Offline
How can I find out what VM system we have? Our documentation is very sparse, how do I program a button? Is there any online documentation that would be helpful on this topic?

Tell me what phone system you have, any numbers from the bottom of a telephone and what the phone system cabinet looks like, any numbers or name on it and what color the cabinet is. Also, is there a computer near it that looks like it might be connected to the phone system? Finally, if you email me your a phone number I can call, I might be able to tell enough about it to identify it.

You'll need to know the number of the first port of voicemail, then you program a speed dial button (Intercom **1) enter 6 followed by the first port number of VM, speaker to exit.
To use, you press the speed dial and then either hit the DSS button of the MB or dial the MB ext. followed by a 2.

If it is a Comdial or Keyvoice Voicemail system, you can sign into that particular mailbox and go to options 3 and then dial four to change the transfer options feature. Change it too transfer to voicemail and not an extension. Doing this the VM system will not try to transfer any call to an extension, but goes directly to the mailbox greeting.

OP Offline
It is a comdial DX-80. I already did try what you are suggesting with out success.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
What box number are you trying to transfer to?

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA | Phone Systems - Central Valley, CA

OP Offline

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Is there an actual phone associated with that mailbox?? Sounds as if you're trying to transfer to a phone that isn't there. And that's OK but you have to program some things a bit different if that's the case....or transfer in a different way. Do you have the DX-80 manual and the KeyVoice manual that came with your phone system? Are you in Cheyenne?

There may also be some other factors...like--- you may have no greeting recorded for the mailbox. Like "hi this is.....please leave a message". If thats's the case then your phone will ring 4 times or so and the caller will then hear nothing--because that's what is there. Do you have a KeyVoice userguide? Try fooling around with that a bit. Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 159 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024