web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DnRComm Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking to replace a schools Bell and Intercom system. They are using a Simplex Building Communications Systems now, but have not been happy with it and want something different. I am having trouble locating anything other than Simplex that does this type of stuff, Timed bell and intercom. Any help you can give is needed.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How big of a school?
Bogen & Dukane are still in the market.
Keep in mind that the Simplex system probably is tied into the clocks as well.

DnRComm Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I am sure they are, and does Bogan do that also? 48 speakers mostly ceiling speakers but a few horns.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
You should take a look at the Rauland ICS Telecenter. It will handle bells, speakers, and horns. The programming is very easy (GUI). Rauland also has a Telecenter IV and V. The IV and V are not as easy to configure as the ICS but they are both still great products.

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago www.wiilcom.com
How many zones though?
Typically each class room and office is a zone as well as the "commons" area and various hallways. sometimes you will have one or 2 zones for the all the halls but the zones feed a utility amp. I'm thinking on an independant classroom or office you may need a call swith and talk back.
I'll see what I can find and try to send you some links later.

DnRComm
Email me [email protected]

I have delt with a supplier here in NY that is very knowledgeable with these kinda applications, They have helped us out in the past and may be able to help you.

I did not want to post the name of the company and phone # here.(I was not sure if that is allowed)

Walter

DEG Offline
Go with Bogen...is more installer and user friendly.

I just installed 2 schools with a Toshiba CTX and Ultimate software for the bells. Each classroom has a phone for individual paging and talkback, with ceiling speakers and horns in hallways, gym, and outside. Works like a champ, lets you use any sound or voice for bells, and you can use any phone (with the right code) for announcements or paging.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
EK Offline
Dukane make a model MCS that can be used for schools that can not only handle the paging and talkback speakers with over 100 zones if needed, but it can also do emergency phones and interface to a centralized clock system. Naturally they want to sell you their clocks but the panel can provide a relay closure to send the clocks the synch signal at specified times.

Bogen and Dukane both are sold through dealers, so you will need to find a source. I can refer you to a Dukane dealer if you desire if you email me.

We have a valcom v2924 system in a school that expands upto 96 stations and it will give you 24 zones and 4 groups.we tied the call buttons to a open line on the pana TD1232 and they can page announce whatever they want from any phone in the school. for bells we bought the relay board for the system which you can set schedules for separte zones We also put single line phones in each class and restricted long distance so the teachers could call 911 or call the office if necissary. email me if you have any questions

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024