Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I guess I am a whipper snapper. I didn't know that was where the A, B, C, and D used in VM integration came from. I did wonder, though. Now I can finally stop looking for the A key on my phone!

So are they still DTMF? Or MF?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited January 03, 2005).]

5years, dtmf, as junkman stated mf used over the network. Memory says had a KP and ST key. You'd know it if you heard it, very fast. You're only a whipper snapper cause I ain't. (been around awhile)
Bill

Just wanted to add for anyone who wanted to know it was as follows

123A
456B
789C
X0XD I put XX cause the first didn't have * and #
and did you know the first TT keypads were like and adding machine
didn't take.
OK aged myself enough
Bill

[This message has been edited by justbill (edited January 02, 2005).]

Retired phone dude
Now you know 5years, why your a whippier snapper and I ain't, way too many brain farts and probably still ain't right. Hope the New Year bring Y'all peace and prosperity.
Bill

Retired phone dude
OK, I am NOT a "phoneman", so I don't qualify as an authority on what requires a "phoneman's" expertise. I'm a data guy. Not who contracts out, a captive one, working for a manufacturing company. We've got almost twice as many computers as phones, lol.

I can qualify as an expert on what we DIY'ers think that we can do. We can find out damn near anything on the internet. Copy/paste this: "primary secondary colors cable 25 pair" into google and see what you come up with. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] So it's not just that we can get any hardware we want, we can get the information we need, too.

Wheels, you are right. If you know the color code for a 25 pr cable, that's all you need to know to be a "phoneman". I know how to plug in my laptop, guess that makes me an "IT guy".

I come from the data side and have been working telcom now for 10+ years. Two totally different worlds. Computers are expected to fail phones are not. The sheer amount of leeway you get with the computer network going down as opposed to the phone system is night and day. And here is the real kicker....most companies spend 10x what they spend on communications equipment. I think this is why most IP systems don't work with a crap because the network topology is generally never properly laid out. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to hold an IT managers hand to show them how to properly set up a data network. Which is interesting because all the IT managers have to know anymore is XP...usually they have VERY limited knowledge on everything else.

Yep, I am ready to be a Network Administartor! I got my 3 computer network up and running at home! IBM here I camoe!

Wow!! "Network Administrator", does that mean you get more money AND a title?

Sorry guys, didn't mean to belittle anyone's skills. All I meant to point out is I guess what you already know about us DIY'ers.

I appreciate the people on this board, you guys have been a great help in me looking at the capabilities of different phone systems. Coral especially has been very forward and open in sharing his knowledge and helping me to make a good decision. So, really, thanks to all of you, especially those who are truly helpful.

I understand your opinion's about IT guys and, well, we're all different. I try to judge the phone guys I meet on an individual basis because, as far as I can tell, they're all different too.

Again, sorry for sticking my nose in.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,904
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,034 Shoretel
190,238 CTX100 install
188,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024