web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone else noticed that the flash voice mails volume is low. Both in the routing box greetings and the mailbox greetings. I tryed to increase the vol setting in the vm.cfg but no change. Anyone else have this problem. I have it on every one I have done.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've used the 80 w/vm here at my office for a few years, currently on 40 software and started with 24, never a volume problem. I know that during message playback you can pess 5 to increase the volume, other then that I never had any volume problems.
Mark

OP Offline
I get it on the outgoing routing box. Like 800 or 801. Just drives me nuts. It is just not as loud as a smmal office lite or exchange.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
my first thought is that it was recorded low or from a set with a weak handset or not speaking into the transmitter. I've not seen this problem, if anything I have found it to be loud, even picking up the breathing of the party recording it.
Mark

I have always been disappointed with the voice quality of the DX80 voice mail. It just not as good. And don't get me started on the speakerphone.

The speakerphone is low end, but I can't say I've ever had a complaint about the VM voice volume or quality.
I don't see any pot adjustment on the board. Might want to ask this in the voicemail forum, maybe I don't have a discerning ear, too much heavy metal.
Mark

You know Mark, the funny thing is I haven't had a customer complain even once about the volume. I expected it to be a real problem when the system first came out, but no, not a thing.

It's kind of like when I was evaluating Samsung. We sold Comdial for 12 years and we were looking for a 2nd brand when Comdial was in financial trouble. I liked the Samsung features and pricing and the phones weren't bad either. So we ran both systems simultaneously in our office with the same set of lines to each system, in the same configuration to get some real experience as an end user. One day, for some reason I can't remember, I had to switch a live call from line 2 of the Samsung system to line 2 on the Comdial system. I couldn't believe the difference in the sound quality. The Comdial was distinctly crisper than the Samsung. However, I would have never been able to tell the difference unless I had them side by side.

Maybe that is the same with the DX80? I don't know. In my opinion, the volume of Partner small voice mails, the Toshiba CTX 28 and the Comdial DX80 are all sub par.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, Professor Shadow), 131 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024