web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37258 08/07/07 10:56 AM
Josh H. Offline OP
OP Offline
I unhooked my voicemail box to use the RS232 to DB9 to connect in with VMMI to do some maintenance (done this several times) It wouldn't allow me to connect, so I tried just hooking my voicemail machine back up and now it won't reconnect. I have tried everything I know of even getting a new adapter, still no go. Would both the RS-232 ports on the CPU go bad, do they go bad? I'm afraid to reset my datatbase since I don't know if that will fix it and allow me to connect back in to restore. The only thing I have done since I have connected in with VMMI last was replaced a DXDST-16 card that died on me, but that when fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm currently at a standstill!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Surely you reset the DXP system... Comm ports have a way of getting stunned.

[Linked Image]
Josh H. Offline OP
OP Offline
I have hit the reset button on the CPU several times and even tried setting the DIP swtich 1 to ON to make sure the settings for connection for Rs-231 #1 were correct. Is there more to a reset than just hitting the button?

Admin
Admin
Turn off power on the power supply. Wait 30 seconds and restart. Will remove power from the comm ports. Then try to access via Procomm or Hyperterm with the appropriate settings.

[Linked Image]
Josh H. Offline OP
OP Offline
I did the power cycle and the voicemail and VMMI still will not connect, I can get hyperterm to connect on #1 but all it shows is the extensions and the number they are calling nothing else. Does this mean anything? If the comm was dead hyperterm shouldn't see this right? I have alwasy connected with VMMI so my hypeterm skills are nill.

Admin
Admin
You could have a baud issue or a bad comm port on the voice mail. Most voice mails have a spare comm port. Change the settings and retest.

[Linked Image]
I did the power cycle and the voicemail and VMMI still will not connect, I can get hyperterm to connect on #1 but all it shows is the extensions and the number they are calling nothing else.
You have SMDR turned on and using that com port. You need to turn SMDR off or change the port.

Josh H. Offline OP
OP Offline
Turned out being the DB9 connector. A wire blew and my spare was also bad or it has always been bad.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
A wire BLEW? How could you tell?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 142 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024