Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hey guys,
I've been lurking for a few weeks now and decided to post.
My company has a modular ICS system now with 125 users on it. We are expanding and want to be able to get to 200 users in the next year with the ability to grow beyond that in the future. We were told that we could string two KSU systems together to get over our current number of ports (we are maxed out). I had heard there were issues with doing this and was wondering what problems we may experience.
We have also looked into upgrading to a new system. We've researched Inter-tel Axxess, Nortel Option 11 and Tadiran/Sprint Coral. Of the three I liked the GUI interface on Inter-tel and the cost of the Tadiran. I was wondering if you have any thoughts about the better option of the three. I think the option 11 is a bit above our price range but we would be sticking with the same manufacturer (although we'd still have to get all new phones and hardware no matter how we go).
I currently do all the programming on the system...setup, CCR trees, programming, etc. and although the Nortel system is not the most intuitive I have pretty much mastered it. My boss would like a more GUI based admin (like the one we saw in the inter-tel demo) so that he could easily program the system. I don't know what the other two offer as far as administration.
We also need to be able to do basic reporting for our sales team, i.e. # of calls in/out per extension, time of calls in/out per extension and who was called. We need this to run daily and be printed (or preferably e-mailed to the sales manager).
Currently we do not have a traditional 'call center'. Mostly we do outbound calling but I do have a few groups that have a basic call center setup using answer DN's for a few 'sales' and 'support' extensions. These calls ring at all extensions in a given group and transfer after no answer to voicemail or in one case, a cellular phone.
We also liked the option in the Tadiran system that allowed faxes and e-mails to be delivered to the user's e-mail. This was a significant extra cost in most other systems.
Currently we are not using any IP enabled phones but I could see that being something we'd explore in the next 18-24 months. Right now if someone works from home they check their e-mail via our exchange web viewer and use their home phone if necessary to make calls.
So, I think that is enough information to get started. Please let me know if you need any other info from me and thank you very much for your time and input.
Alicia

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, being from the Tadiran camp, Also called Sprint Flexicom..I can tell you without a doubt of those 3 system the Coral IPX 500 is better. The features you can get on a Tad/Sprint Flexicom 500 blow away the others. I love the integrated voicemail with built in unified messaging. Ask about IRSS and Flexicall two VERY awesome features. Flexicall allows you to ring your desk phone and an out side phone at the same time. The cool part is that you can use youe cell as the outside number. This connection lets you REMAIN connected to the system and transfer calls via your cell to any valid extension..completely awesome. IRSS allows your DID number to be virtual DISA. It's secure because it recognises your cellular or phone caller id and give you system dial tone as if you were remotely controlling your extension. This allows you to remotely make calls or turn features on and off your extension. Flexset relocate is another cool feature. You can easilly move phones around without swapping wires OR build phantom extensions in the software so you can use hot desking for sales. On top of all that you can get a card that allows a 2x15 conference bridge..if you need it. IP, IP is much more mature and funtional on the Tadiran and phones are better. Tadiran DOES have a GUI interface but IMHO it's not that great. I have both and I stick with the terminal because it's faster and IMHO easier. Just my 2 cents. I have NEVER lost to intertel or Nortel between those systems after I demo'd the ipx...no comparison.

OP Offline
Thanks Coral! I'll look at those options. We had the Coral mini-van out here but I guess there's an office nearby where they have the software set up. The mini-van was having trouble connecting because their wireless lan was not working.
Thanks again!
Alicia

First and foremost, who is going to set up and maintain the system? In the long run the support you recieve from your vendor is probably MUCH more important than the system itself. Check out the references and track record of the various vendors.

That said, I have to say that I love the Intertel phones and systems. Yes they are a little bit pricy, but you get what you pay for.
You might want to post in the Nortel forum on this page about issues with networking 2 cabinets. It is my understanding that a lot of the issues have to do with software versions. Obviously, upgrading the software and buying a second cabinet is going to be much, much cheaper than replacing everything and starting from scratch.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 20, 2004).]

OP Offline
Hey Paul,
In all cases the system would be set up by the installer we purchase through. All of them seemed responsive so I don't think we'd have an issue there. I will try to learn the system pretty quickly and will (hopefully)take over the maintenance of it right away.
As far as the 2 KSU thanks for the info. I will look further into that.
Thank you,
Alicia

OP Offline
of the three which has the easiest yet most comprehensive administration? I like that in my current norstar system I can program just about anything I need to. I was doing some preliminary reading on the Tadiran system and it appears they have an administration console which may only allow me to do minimal administration...any idea if that will limit my ability to administrate the system on my own?
Thanks,
Alicia

Depends on what you mean by minimal. You can easilly go to a class or have the vendor teach you how to program the Coral either with the GUI or terminal. Once you get into the terminal it's hard going back into GUI because its so much faster after you get the hang of it. Like I said I haven't lost to a Nortel nor an Intertel. Once other fact about Tadiran is that if you had one right now you could be upgradrading to IP. I have upgraded system put in in 1983 using EKT's and upgrading the eproms and these systems are at the latest software with full IP capability. Think about this as well..when the Coral was intoduced in the 80's it was year 2000 compliant and supported the new North American dialing plan. So, what equipment is foward looking for you?

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Is there a reason you haven't looked at installing an expanded cartridge software on the MICS? That would get you to over 200 users. Same on an Avaya. Adix is also a good system that will allow you to go to 400 ports.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Administrator
Administrator
Just My 2 cents
Have you looked at the sister to the Tadiran The Telrad.
www.telradconnegy.com

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

OP Offline
Thanks Coral,
We were told that the Tadiran was great for upgrading and that if we'd had that type of system we wouldn't be in the situation we are in. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
:}
Alicia

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,633 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024