web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have read Vertical's info regarding this upgrade, but what I am not sure about (did I miss it?) do you save the current database using F17 PCDBA, upgrade then reload the database using F19 PCDBA? Or save the database using F19 PCDBA? I realize that F17 PCDBA is not compatible with F19 software and vice versa.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Good question, I've done 2 systems but both were in stock unprogrammed systems. I'll load a database from a 17 system and see what happens.
Mark

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
When I went to L18 (pre-F19 version), I believe the process was to receive into the prior version (in my case, J18), save it, upgrade the system, then open the database in the new PCDBA (L18), and send the database, which should now be converted.

The reason I believe this to be correct is because trying to receive the old database into the new PCDBA would hang on new features (such as when they added the DST settings, it would always hang the receive-all at that program).

Justin

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I just did my third upgrade this evening. I download and save the data using the old program. Did all the upgrades then open the old database in the new program then upload. Seems to work!

Yep, proper way seems to be a Receive All with the 'old' PCDBA, open that database with the new PCDBA, then do a Send All after a cold-start of the CPM with the new firmware on it. PCDBA indeed upgrades the database if you 'open' an old one. I confirmed this by opening a ver. 17 database with Microsoft Access, viewed its structure, then let PCDBA open and upgrade it, then I viewed that same database in MS Access again. PCDBA added a new table and changed the relationships between them that hold the values for new features present in programming.

However, opening a new database into an old PCDBA is of course a bad idea and should be quite problematic. It will try to select items with SQL that simply are not present in the database, thus the application hanging.

To avoid horrible confusion, I keep every version of PCDBA on my desktop in a seperate folder with the associated version databases in a sub folder there. Don't try to run setup on them though, each installation "upgrades" and removes the other!

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Yeah, tell me about it! The documentation says you need to have both on your laptop, BUT THE INSTALL PROGRAM WON'T LET YOU! One uninstalls the other, regardless of which folder it's in. Very quirky and frustrating!!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
From dealing with Tecom systems since virtually the day they started:

As a matter of routine I do not ever download a database from a different version and reload it. I also always reinitialize the system whenever I remove or add a card. Also if the card you are replacing has a different firmware revision reinitialize the system.

Saves a number of service calls.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Part of the upgrade is a cold start!

I've always performed a receive all in the new PCDBA and then upgraded and sent the data back to the unit. I remember reading somewhere that was the way to do it.

OP Offline
Here is my experience from today. Have a programmed F17 DX120 in shop, ready to go to customer site. However want to upgrade to F19 before install. Save database via F17, upgrade, attempt to reload saved database via F19. Get error message (Microsoft error, do not remember exact verbage) and PCDBA shuts down. Find I get the error during sending of either Call Handling or CO Line Application, no errors sending other parameters. Go into Call Handling and CO Line Application and send everything except for the parameters that were not part of F17 (Daylight Start/End, etc.) receive no errors. Log out of switch, log back in, do a receive all and received entire database with no errors. Have spot checked programming via DET and all appears to be OK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024