web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Well first I would like to say how helpful this website is but I do have a few more specific questions.

First I wanted to know if anyone has PCMMC for version 2.6 software on a DCS Compact?

Second, how hard would it be to upgrade the DCS Compact up to the newest software available, as we are planning on implementing an SVMI-4e voicemail system. If anyone has the upgrade and also the PCMMC, it would be greatfully appreciated.

Also, how hard is it to implement the SVMI-4e system? As I am just a beginner DCS programmer. Any tips and tricks?

Thanks very much!
Austin
www.offthedeepend.com

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Is there a particular reason you want to attempt this upgrade on your own? What about your local installing dealer?

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

If you are a tech, all you need is the EPROM's. don't waste your time with PCMMC!

OP Offline
Well, to start, the local dealer is a joke and we have had a serious problem while working with them. We purchased our alarm system and also our DCS Compact phone system from them and it just ended up on bad terms to say the least. I talked to Samsung a while back and the gentleman helped me start out with simple DCS programming. I read the programming manual and have become pretty familiar with the system. I have added a couple expansion cards and done a few more customizations. I know everyone that is experienced is reading this and probably laughing, but everyone has to start somewhere. I just have a lot of hands on and textbook experience now. I am a computer systems tech and have a really good idea on how the phone system works but still need some guidance.

So, as far as calling the tech, it is out of the question, the nearest one is about 3 hours away and wants the driving time for the install, which is understandable. The company that I am purchasing the SVMi-4e from is more than willing to help also. I was hoping that this was something that someone in my position could do.

Now the upgrade to the software version, I have v2.6 and would like to upgrade to at least v2.8 because the white papers indicate that there was a few fixes for the voicemail system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would be willing to give a few bucks if anyone has the upgrade and the PCMMC available.

-Austin

OP Offline
Also, I would like to add that if anyone has a competitive price of $975 for a new SVMi-4e please let me know.

We are a Samsung dealer and have customers in Hagerstown MD. If you are interested in service from us you can E-mail me.
Larry

OP Offline
Larry, I really appreciate the offer, and I will keep that in mind when it comes down to the service if needed. I would like to attempt the install on my own however, even though I am kinda getting mixed feelings. I do have some experience with a Lucent system I beleive but most of it is with my DCS Compact. I have been programming and expanding the system now for 1.5 years and would hope to continue. I found PCMMC and the Manual and now it is time to do some learning. My question still stands about the software upgrade though. Like I said, I will be more than willing to kick a few dollars to the person that is able to provide the upgrade.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Just to make sure you are aware ... If a non-authorized / Certified person installs the SVMi-4E Samsung will not warranty it nor support it.

You are spending good money for good equipment why throw away a warranty.

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

OP Offline
Yeah, I did learn about the tragic fate of the non technician install but that is a risk I am willing to take. It does not seem like the best of options but when it comes down to it, if it goes as planned, then we are good to go and saved a bit. I know, the artisans of thier trades hates the DIYer but I believe that I am experienced enough to tackle this task. If not, please let me know but honestly is it that bad???

Well deep end, based on your situation, I would
visit this website, purchase the SVMi-E from
them, and benefit from their tech support and
warrenty. I believe they will also be able to
get new software for you as well (which is v2.8
by the way).www.telephonesystemsdirect.com. They sell samsung online and give tech support for the stuff. I dont know if they are or not, but even if they are a little more money than where you were planning on getting it, do not hesitate to pay the difference. I have talked to them befor and they are good guys.
Trust me, you will need the added value of the tech support, there are some real kinks in that product (good ones), that you will need assistance with.
Also like someone said earlier, do away with PCMMC if you are not using an iDCS product.
Post back to tell us what you decide.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024