web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

I love the SMDR data keeping track of the last 4 digits of the number dialed(DID) It helps me keep track of very valuable information. This information is excellent!

Here is the situation.

We use 2 phone companies for service. One phone company provides us with a PRI line connected to the TEPRI card in the Samsung unit. The SMDR data from this trunks include the last 4 digits of the number dialed via direct inward dialing method.

The second phone company has a channel bank which is connected to the " C1 TRUNK CARD" on the Samsung system. The SMDR data from these trunks do not show the last 4 digits of the number dialed via direct inward dialing.

My question is why are the last 4 digits are not showing up on the trunks coming in under the C1 trunk card connected to the Chanel bank. However, it does come in on the T1 directly connected to the TEPRI card.

Is it because:

1. There are 2 different phone companies and each company has different methods.

2. PRI into the TEPRI card vs Channel bank into the C1 Trunk card.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to receive the last 4 digits of the number dialed for all calls regardless of phone company or method of input into the system.

I am also trying to figure out if I switch phone services, will I loose this information or do I just need to make sure I'm using a direct T1 into the TEPRI card?

Is anyone here knowledgeable about the SMDR system?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

is this the same 500 with the fax server?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,809
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,074 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (nortelvoip, Toner, justbill), 117 guests, and 388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024