web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me which MMC is used to setup a virtual extensions numbers on the idcs 500 system?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

To set them up to do what ? MMC 724 is where you assign the staion number of virturals.

\
Don't you have a manual?

OP Offline
Yes I do but I was not finding it in the table of Contents.

Thanks guys.

the virtual station numbers are in mmc 724. They have all the same features of real extensions. You are limited to the number of virtuals based on the level of software in the 500 M version or L version. They are good for people who have a mailbox but no phone. You can make one of the virtuals their malbox number then you can give them a message waiting button on a phone. They are also good for forwarding or for phantom members of a group.

OP Offline
Let me tell you the whole situation and what I'm trying to do.

My voicemail only supports 4 lines and I get a lot of calls. Each line plays the same general opening greeting. So anyone to calls into the company after hours goes to the general voicemail.

I would like the special recruiting phone number to have a special greeting for people we are trying to recruit however I'm not sure how to do this without dedicating one of the 4 extensions to be used only for this greeting.

I'm thinking of making a virtual extension and a corresponding mailbox. This virtual extension's mailbox will have the custom recruiting greeting and the phone system will route the number to the virtual extension during night mode when it switches to dialing plan #2 which I have setup in MMC 714.

So the end result will be the general calls getting the general message and the recruiting calls getting the special recruiting message.

The only problem is how to make the message waiting light appear in the real extension. If anyone knows the answer to that, please let me know.

Thanks.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
"The only problem is how to make the message waiting light appear in the real extension. If anyone knows the answer to that, please let me know. "

So why don't you just forward the messages to the "real " extension's mailbox and you're done?

Program the phone you want the light to appear on as a MW along with the virtual ext. numbers.

OP Offline
Originally posted by pvj:
"The only problem is how to make the message waiting light appear in the real extension. If anyone knows the answer to that, please let me know. "

So why don't you just forward the messages to the "real " extension's mailbox and you're done?
Because I don't want the Voicemail to pickup during normal business hours for the recruiting line. It normally will ring on 2 people extension, if no answer in a few seconds, transfers to 4 people, 8 people, 10 people, then receptionist who will page. These calls are very important and I really would rather they don't go to voicemail.

Oh yeah, People are not going to remember turning off the MMC102 settings either if your thinking about that method.

The virtual extension seems like a good way to do it.

Thanks

Ok I have read the post and believe I understand that you dont have the svmi series voicemail is this correct ?

well

If you do have the svmi then all that is needed is to create a box that the "recruting" line rings to after hours only and set the message indicator to light the operators phone, that person can check the messages and forward them to the appropriate people

"Because I don't want the Voicemail to pickup during normal business hours for the recruiting line. It normally will ring on 2 people extension, if no answer in a few seconds, transfers to 4 people, 8 people, 10 people, then receptionist who will page. These calls are very important and I really would rather they don't go to voicemail."

the group ringing remains the same and the only change will be in the night block on the svmi, you need to set up an ext list and in the rules tell it for example that 704 rings that list and plays that greeting at night only

another note unless you set up a group box the vm will not forward to a message it will just ring until picked up, you can achieve this by altering your final ring plan for the recruting group so that there is no overflow during the day. and at night it forwards to the box you created for the group

or I could be blowing smoke :rolleyes: if I dont understand the situation

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,627 Shoretel
189,517 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024