Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
starion Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the scenario: a DCS cabinet with a MISC1 card, and a 2x4 CO/DLI card in the first expansion card slot (towards the bottom of the cabinet). 3 actual CO's hooked up, 4 actual extensions hooked up.

Now, before you all go saying check this, and check that, I don't have a 24-button phone, only an 18, and I have discovered so far that it is nearly impossible to program everything with an 18 button phone.

So...that being said, I am hooked up to the switch via the PC and the software. Seems to work fine.

Now on to the problem. The cards show up. The phones plugged into the jacks show numbered from 201 - 208. HOWEVER, when you go to the dial plan settings, it shows them as being a "StationGrp" instead of a "DGPhone".

I have spent hours on this thing, and can find no way to get these to show as digital phones.

I understand about 201 being the group 500 operator. I cannot put 202, 203 or any other 200 numbered phone into a group (say 501) because it always tells me that 2xx is not a valid device, presumably because it is listed as a "StationGrp" in the dial plan.

I have defaulted this system numerous times, looked at every single programmable option at least three times.

This is only happening with the built-in station ports, not the ports on the DLI card.

Any thoughts here?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Slow down, your 18 button phone is just fine for programming. Did these phones come with the compact? What version software is in the compact?

the version of pcmmc is not working correctly on the system. that is why we need to know the software version.

Your 18 button phone should do just fine for programming. unless the software does not see the phone as an 18 button phone.

I am not gonna say check this and that....this time but if you cant make it work from my or CMDL-GUY instruction then you are going to have to answer some valid questions.

On the 18 button phone press transfer 800 if you can get into programming, read on..... hit your speaker key and dail 724 look at the number programming for the stations and the station groups if that looks good hit the speaker key and dail 601 and add the phones you want to add to the groups. If you cant do these things from a phone then you NEED to either upgrade the software to see the falcons or you NEED an older phone.

By the way were are you at?

I dont know that DGphone term, it should be stn in the dail number plan

sgp for station groups

starion Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually, I can get into programming on the phone, it's just that the keys for navigating around are not apparent and I don't have a reference card or anything in the manual that references an 18-button phone. The instructions for a 24-button phone in the manual I have don't work for the 18-button.

I'll be on site again tomorrow and I'll obtain answers to all the questions above. The phones themselves display 2.1 when powered up, but I have in my head that the EPROM's say 2.6.

That level software should support the iDCS phones. I don't see what the problem is programming with any phone. I have programmed with an 8 button phone when needed.
Transfer key
Volume up/down
hold key
soft key
dial pad
That's all you need

starion Offline OP
OP Offline
One thing I know for sure is that the soft-key NEVER worked on any MMC I tried. In fact, that was one of my initial frustrations because the manual would say to do something, then press the soft-key to move or something.

So there must be something different about our setups. Have tried switching phones thinking it might be a faulty softkey. No change.

Maybe more details tomorrow will expose the difference.

That something is the cursor! When you press the soft key it will move the cursor to the next programmable field. LOOK under the first character in the LCD that line is the cursor.

You mention that you defaulted the system an couple of time. If needed to it again. But before doing any programming to the system. Try dialing the extension from each other. Press "0" this should ring station group 500. The only member in this group is 201. This should tell U that numbering plan has been install correctly. Line number start with 7XX. Etc...701 line1, 703 line3.
It will give a starting point.
Hope this help!

FTorres388
Calm seas do not make skilled sailors.
Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:

Transfer key
Volume up/down
hold key
soft key
dial pad
That's all you need
Transfer enters and exits programming
Volume moves between mmc's and sub fields
Speaker enters and exits mmc's
hold erases input
third softkey saves entered data and moves cursor
pcmmc is useless for programming on that system in my opinion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,747 Shoretel
189,822 CTX100 install
187,947 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024