web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#427982 11/28/06 01:52 PM
OP Offline
Does anyone know the file type for the *.TBL files? I wonder what type of database program it is...

curiosity sake more than anything else. I had to edit 70+ Extension dial number fields today to change ,, to \ because the telco changed something (some ld timer) to make call transfer not work anymore.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

They are just that :thumb:

TBL files. They happen to be proprietary to the system. Samsung wrote the code so there is no way to break them that a telecom guy knows(they aren't dos).

I am sure some computer type guy that knows how to write code will figure it out one day. Never say never. I have personally not had the need to try and over write the files so I cant say much. That and I would not want to screw up a system trying.

Like I typed earlier they may be someone you never know.

Where did you have to change ,, to \ ??? wouldn't you need to change that in the off premise or centrex transfer station block for call transfer? Sounds like you have created more work for yourself then needed.

OP Offline
sounds like it...

they have 70+ remote employees that don't have a telephone or mailbox... when the auto attendant answers the caller dials their 3 digit "extension" and is transfered to their cell phone using CTD (call transfer with disconnect).

49, flashes the line for secondary dt
dial the number
\ wait four seconds (was origninally ,, for two seconds but the telco changed something) then release.

I couldn't think of any better way, but if you have ideas then please educate me wink

The station blocks refer to archetypes of different calls that the voicemail will make, and contains information on how the voicemail should treat them differently.

The off-premise station block, which is where you could have gone, is used by the voicemail for any call matching it's dial string.. Which by default is XXX-XXX-XXXX, or XXX-XXXX. On page 2 of the station block, you set a value for prefix or suffix.

So you set either the prefix or the suffix, depending on whether you want it at the beginning or end of the call, and then it will dial that whenever dialing an outside party.

There is also an on-premise block that governs calls made internally, a default pager block which has settings specifically for pagers.

Another use of this type of block is when setting off-site cell-phone transfers or message notifications. If you create a new station block, with the Dial string entered as that Cell Phone number, you can then use the train function for the SVMI to learn what ring-back, Busy, etc sound like when calling that phone.

I have found it necessary in the past especially with Nextel.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
Nice post bacher! Pretty much nailed it on the head.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 157 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024