web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This is something that bugs me alot. This only happens sometimes. I will do it several times during the day, but seam to be more frequent in the evenings. Our phone system rings and when you pick up the hand set. It displays hang up. Then a couple seconds later it begins to ring again. Usually, it will connect on the second attempt however sometimes this happens 5 or 6 times. When you finally talk to the person on the other end, they say the phone had been ringing for a while, continuously. It usually only happens on line 1 the main line, but it might happen on line 2 on occasion. It hard to tell since if line 1 is busy, it goes to the line 2. There is no line 3 but it has never happened on line 4. There are a lot of factors at play here. 1. This started a while after we switched to VOIP, but not right away. Maybe a couple months 2. The Alarm system was replaced/upgraded about the same time as going VOIP 3. Unplugging the alarm from the hard phone line doesn't help. 4. We have had the phone company out, the alarm company, and the old phone dealer out multiple time and everyone blames someone else's equipment. I don't care who's at fault, I just want to fix it. Its been happening over a year but it still bugs me. THe VOIP is a separate DSL modem with 3 phone lines on it. I can get more specifics if its important. My simplified uneducated thought was maybe the VOIP is sending the caller id or other info and its confusing the phone system until it has had a chance to process it. Or maybe the modem/phone box needs to have a setting tweeked. Any suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have had problems with channel banks sending too much voltage over the lines on a lot of integrated T1's. I don't remember off the top of my head which one, but there is a setting in your router/channel bank that the phone company is providing you that needs to be lowered. Your phone company should be able to fix this problem. Ghost ringing on a phone line is usually an over voltage condition.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
HandyManDan
Your problem requires an onsite technician to evaluate what is happening. The purpose of this forum is to help with user related questions. I would advise that you request a "vendor meet", which is getting the service provider and telephone dealer at your property at the same time. If you are unhappy with your dealer you can use the "find an installer" link at the top of this page. You may also contact Samsung directly. The system you have in is an excellent piece of equipment which I doubt needs to be replaced.

BTW, most of the people you are talking to on this board are dealers.

Question Dan, the last time the dealer was out there, did he program with the laptop or through a phone? Though this really shouldnt matter. I seem to recall an extremely similar thing happening on another samsung system we had. After hours of troubleshooting the problem was a bug in the computer software that was later corrected. An onsite tech could easily fix this.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024