web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

I have taken over a job on a previously setup system. Here is the situation:

Fax machine extensions( all connected to SLI cards in a idcs 500 R1 system) are automatically dial 9 as soon as they go off-hook.

However, I need to change this to dial a particular trunk group instead of dialing 9.

I would normally go into MMC 306 Hot line and assign the trunk number(to the fax extension) as well as go into MMC 502 and change the off-hook selection timer to 0 or 1 seconds for that extension. So it would immediately assess the trunk group as soon as it went off-hook.

However, this is apparently being done by a different method and I can't figure out how these SLI lines are automatically dialing 9 without the use of MMC 306.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well your right about MMC 306. It is also the only place in the Samsung system where you can assign an off hook select. I would check the fax machines to see if they have some sort of off hook dial 9 programing. Also have you tried a butset connected directly to one of the analog ports. If you go off hook on your butset does it put you on a trunk or do you have intercom dial tone? This would rule out the Samsung as the culprit.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Check mmc 307 off hook select.

Have you checked to see if they are using LCR Route tables & Modify Digit Table. (MMC 712-713)

-Tom-

Yah, I was thinking the same as Connexions1. If its not hotline, then it would be a mod table. If its neither, then it MUST be something on the user side outside of Samsung.

OP Offline
Hi.

I have not yet been back to the site to test out the regular phone on the line to rule out the fax machine itself doing the trunk selection.

I have the system setup in MMC 724 dial number plan under " features" to set LCR to " 9"

So all phone which dial 9 to get outside line will automatically be going through the LCR process to select the best trunk for the area code dial(setup in the LCR tables mentioned) .

However, these fax machines are automatically grabbing outside lines without dialing 9 and without having a hot line setup to dial 9 for the extension.

There fax machines are connected to SLI lines in the system and I can dial from other phones in the office.

Perhaps this dialing might be happening on the fax machine itself because I can't think of any other way the Samsung system can link a SLI line to a trunk group without doing a off-hook trunk selection in MMC 306?

Thanks for your help guys. I will try to keep you updated when(or if) I find out how this is occurring in this setup.

pvj Offline
Again,
Check mmc 307 I'd bet it's set up to dial the 9.

OP Offline
Originally posted by pvj:
Again,
Check mmc 307 I'd bet it's set up to dial the 9.
Thank you for the suggestions.

May I ask what is MMC 307 ?

My PCMMC software nor my tech manual shows that program listed.

Do you mean MMC 306 Hot Line/off hook selection ?

Perhaps in Canada your Hot line/ off hook selection program is called MMC 307 instead of MMC 306?

Thanks.

307 does not show in my OfficeServ Manager but if you try programming from a phone it is there.

306 is Hot Line and 307 is Off Hook Select. You need to use 307. I tested it here in my office on an iDCS 100 R1.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
OP Offline
Originally posted by Cracker:
307 does not show in my OfficeServ Manager but if you try programming from a phone it is there.
You need to use 307. I tested it here in my office on an iDCS 100 R1.
306 is Hot Line and 307 is Off Hook Select and these are 2 separate programs that do the exact same thing?

My apologizes to pvj, I thought you were referring to MMC 306 hotline but it name labeled slightly different in the Canadian version vs US version.

I am not sure why Samsung has these hidden secrete programs which are do not show up in the software or manual?

Anyway, that sounds like it may be exactly what I'm looking for!

I have not been to the physical site in a while, only remote access via pcmmc. So it may been a while until I can let you know how it turns out.

However, I am very hopeful that the MMC 307 may be the thing I was looking for.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 124 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024