web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#432596 09/04/08 09:17 AM
OP Offline
I just walked into a new position with a Samsung switch that I have never seen before. Luckily, my new company is giving me time to get up to speed.

Here is my question...There is a hunt group (at least it appears to be) set up for the help desk. It rings all phones at once. After it times out, the call overflows to a vocie application that gives the user the choice to press 1 to leave a message or press 2 so they may speak to a technician. The questions are:

How do you set it up so the call will over flow to a technician's cell phone? I am used to setting up a cascade but ike I siad, I have no experience with this system.

Once this gets set up, is there a way a technician can dial into the switch to change the on call number to the next technician in line?

Thanks,
Scott
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Overflow group to an analogue extn that is forwarded externally.

To change the number remotely, you have a few options:

1) can be done from IP phone or softphone
2) From Easyset
3) From OS Call
4) From IT Tool / WebMMC remotely.

You can also use the Find Me feature associated with the Technician's mailbox. It's very easy to call in and change the Find Me phone number. No ITP Phone, SoftPhone or software required, just dial into the mailbox.

This would be you're easiest option and probably doesn't require any reprogramming. The caller chooses option two to reach the tech. If he's at his desk, he gets the call. If he steps away, he turns on Find Me and the call goes to his cell phone.

OP Offline
i will try that. but wouldn't that negate the option of the caller being able to select option 1 or 2?

Thanks,
Scott
Your scenario should already be set up. More than likely a call comes in on an extension group. Probably 5001 or something along those lines. Go into the voice mail and check the forward station group. It probably has something like 5001 goto menu xxx or mailbox 5001. In that menu or box is the information missing here. We need that in order to better direct how to make this work.

If it is going directly to a mailbox then check the box and the extension in the voice mail. The options will be pretty clear. If this is the case you can change the number by logging into the box.

Originally posted by techalum:
i will try that. but wouldn't that negate the option of the caller being able to select option 1 or 2?
Not really, if I'm reading your post correct. Option one would go to a mailbox and the caller could leave a message. Option two would ring the tech's extension. If the tech is not going to be at their extension, they turn on Find Me and the calls transfer to their cell phone.

OP Offline
Well, the option 2 does work. It just isn't working the way I want it to. When a caller presses 2 it does forward t a technician, but it keeps opn forwarding to a user's extension, not the cell phone. The forwarding from the extension (the help desk number) does not work at all. Here is what I have:
Call rings to: 5040
Group name: help desk
group type: normal
ring type: unconditional
transfer time: 0
overflow time: 12
next port: 5049
hunt time: 0
group busy: off
auto answer: off
allout next: off
ring back tone message: 0
member 1: 3190 these are all extensions
member 2: 3740
member 3: 3307

it appears to over flow to:
Group 5049
group name: none
group type: Bi-VMS what is this?
ring type: sequnetial
transfer time: 0
overflow: 35
nest port: blank
hunt time: 0
group busy:off
auto answer: off
allout next: off
ring back tone: 0
member 1: 2050 i think this is a vmail because it asks for a password.
member 2: 2051 ditto
member 3: 2052 ditto

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
So now we know this says the call forwards to voicemail after 3 rings.

Now we need to know what I asked earlier just replace 5001 with 5040. We need to know how this group routes in the voice mail.

Then change the option 2 to ring an ext's mailbox like Marc says and activate find me.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024