web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DrZaius Offline OP
OP Offline
A couple times in the recent years I have had customers tell me that sometimes when they transfer a caller into a VM box(on both OS100 w/SVMi-4e, as well as OS7200 w/SVMi-20e), the person being transferred is then prompted for a password.
It has also been reported that this will happen occasionally, right when customers/employees call into the system (incomming CO call). Instead of playing the AA greeting for the active mode, sometimes the system will prompt the caller for a PW.

The couple times I tried to trouble shoot these I could not re-create the problem on site. But I have called into a couple systems before (ones that had told me about the problem) and been asked for the PW instead of playing the AA greeting. If I hang up and call right back, it plays the correct AA greeting instead....weird.

Anyone else had this kinda problem. I am going on another job today where the customer is reporting the same thing to me. "Some callers transfered into VM box's are being prompted for a password ?!?!".

I have been installing the SVMi product since it first came out and can get through most issues with them, but this one has me scratching my head.
Any help or suggestion's would be greatly appriciated. =)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I wish I could help, but I am running into a similar problem. I have a customer telling me when they call into the office, the Auto-Attendant will answer with "thank you for calling, goodbye." I have not been able to recreate the condition. The system is an OS100 with an SVMi-8E.

I had a similar problem but, i happened to be on site w/port activity running and the receptionist mistyped the mailbox number on a VT transfer because of her long nails and released the call and sent it to the directory menu I believe. Now about being prompted to enter password on incoming call without pressing # haven't seen that one yet.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
We’ve seen this on a couple of different systems. Randomly a # would come in on the end of a VT transfer. What we did was to follow the trail via port activity to the menu the VT transfer comes into. Then we created a rule that was something like ???# trans to ???. I would have to go back and look at it to give you an exact setup but this gets you to the jest of it. Once this is done it doesn’t matter that the extra # comes in it just ignores it.

Originally posted by bmreen:
I had a similar problem but, i happened to be on site w/port activity running and the receptionist mistyped the mailbox number on a VT transfer because of her long nails and released the call and sent it to the directory menu I believe.
If you are replying to my post, I've seen that too. My problem is the Auto-Attendant answers and you don't get the day/night prompt... instead you just hear "thank you for calling, goodbye." The call is then dropped. I have not been able to get this to happen when I am monitoring the ports. This doesn't happen very often, so the customer has not been pushing for a fix.

DrZaius Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you -FONEFXR- great idea.
I went to the site yesterday and had the receptionist VM Transfer me a bunch of times without getting the reported "enter your password". I then showed her that if she happen to be "accidentally" adding a # key during the transfer, that this would happen. If the trouble persists they are going to call me.
If they call again I will do what you said and create that rule in the appropriate block table, that should fix the trouble for good.
Thanks a million =)

Doug... that's a great idea on the rule in the block table. I'll give that a try.

PM on the way!

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
In regards to the SVMi just playing the 'bye' greeting, i have a site with SVMi8 (non-e) on OS500M (iDCS500 R2 I believe its known as outside of AU) Where the SVM seems to run out of memory so all calls that goto a mailbox just get this greeting. I have to reset the svm (either by hitting the reset switch or by shutting down to DOS and restarting the voicemail app)

I have customer w/OS500 and Svmi8e w/flash. When receptionist pressed VT then extension, caller would hear "enter password" about week later Vmail system crashed, had to replace flash card and reprogram. This is a busy system w/email gateway, lots of users, IP phones etc. My thought is the dbase was corrupted and/or memory full. No problems since.

Do you have ICM EXT FWD set to yes? Try that....

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,403 Shoretel
189,156 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024