web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We are installing a 7100 for a customer, but no documentation was sent. Not too difficult to figure out how to get the hardware setup - nor terribly dissimilar from the DCS's.

However, the sets are not coming up and I don't know the default IP for the system to log in. Can't program through the phone because nothing comes up.

Can someone tell me the default IP, or a link to the programming install guide?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If the sets don't come up then the MP10a card will not be accessible either. You are going to need to find the source of the problem before you can move forward.
The install and programming guide have to be purchased. I don't know of any link for you except at Samsung directly.

OP Offline
The sets on the MP10 card do power up now - they just stay on the version screen. I still can't get into the programming.

That just means there is power to the set. Was the system operational before? Have you moved cards around? Is the software card installed correctly? Is the backup switch set correctly?

OP Offline
The system is brand new out of the box. I have a 4DLM in the MP10 (Slot 0) and a 4TRK in the UNI (SLOT 1).

The phones power up show the version screen and that's it. I can even go through the set tests, but the phones never come up. Therefore no access to programming to set the IP, or use the install tool.

The S1 is set to "ON" and S2 I left alone. No need to change those pins for US install - right?

Me thinks either the solution is really simple, or it be broke! Any help would be awesome as this thing goes in tomorrow.

As WRichey stated, what you are seeing on the keyset just means the phones are getting power. There's nothing the software will do for you if the phones won't come up. I'd suggest removing the UNI card and seeing what happens. You can also try mounting the 4DLMI card on the UNI card.

What version is the software? Are you sure the media card is in the MP10 the correct way? What do the MC and Run lights indicate?

OP Offline
Well, this just goes to show that I am an idiot! :-)

As I said - something simple - I had the SD card in upside down. - yes the "IT Guy" doesn't know how to insert an SD Card!

Thank you for your assistance gentlemen - I think I can take it from here now... hopefully.

As long as the MC is close to the DCS's I should be good. Thanks!

It is very close to the DCS. Mostly new 800-level MMCs for IP stuff.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I think everyone has put a MMC/SD card in the wrong way wround on the OS system's at least once

I remember when they first came out for the 500's/7200's was pulling my hair out for a while,

As the old SM cards would only fit in 1 way, think I ended up getting one of those out and checking which way round the gold contacts went.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,615 CTX100 install
187,860 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 159 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024