Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I do get my share of complaints from customers re: recording greetings but different greeting plays and overall user difficulty (even with user guide) Just got a call from customer with about 50 employees. Boss decides he wants every employee to update their mailbox greeting every day. Mass confusion abound. Some users have been pressing 7 to edit thier greeting, others press 1 to record primary no answer greeting. My question is, is there a way to make a mailbox have a simple one greeting selection (you know, like the good old cadence).

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Yes. Go into the mailbox block for each user and change Mailbox greeting allowed to no for each user. They will then just have one greeting to record.

OP Offline
Thanks CIT, I do recall doing this before. I think this does take away some other options though. Maybe the call director?

I had same problem once with about 50 users then complained about not being able to use aa as only 8 voicemail ports everyone trying to use voicemail at once such is life

Can't you do a "default basic" command and it only allows a mailbox greeting or something like that. I would have to look in the manual to know exactly though.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
Originally posted by bmreen:
Can't you do a "default basic" command and it only allows a mailbox greeting or something like that. I would have to look in the manual to know exactly though.
No... this would only do a basic default of the system, plus the users would still have access to several greetings. Disabling the Mailbox Greeting has no negative effect on what the system can do.

OP Offline
CIT, I went to the extension block and and in the call director screen I changed from "Basic" to "No Greeting" and this gave the user one greeting also.

I'll ask a friend who is a lot more knowledgeable than me about the SVMi what he recommends. I think setting the extension block to No Greeting might have a negative consequence when using follow-me and another feature.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,685
Posts636,169
Members49,606
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Baron-B, Breneer, dingaling, EV607797, Jase, MED, Mike Robertson, MILLBAX, RANJAN, RootExposure, Tman66
Newest Members
Uranium-235, grahamw, Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony
49,605 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 10
Yoda 9
dexman 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022