web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a idcs100 that will not transfer a call directly to a mailbox. It rings the station and forwards after the timer expires

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have a VT key programmed and are you using it?

OP Offline
after programming a vt key to the voice mail group 519 and testing the voice mail answers but does not go to the mailbox it says that it cannot connect and prompts you to pick a different subscriber

I haven't seen this problem before, so let's look at a few more possibilities.

Have you verified the mailbox is still working for the extension? If you press # followed by the extension number, does it allow you to leave a reminder?

Okay... I just re-read your reply. Does the greeting you are hearing say, "I'm sorry the call was not answered. To transfer to a different extension enter it now."

I beleive I've seen this before and the problem was the tech built an ext via the keyset then built a mbx via the keyset or did it with hyperterm and built them and forgot to pair them. The two were not paired together hence the problem. On the mbx page make sure the mbx is attashed to the correct ext.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
OP Offline
marc,
that is exactly what the voicemail responds with when the transfer goes through

Okay... that is the default greeting for the mailbox. If you are not given an option to press one to leave a message, no mailbox is associated with the extension.

You can go into System Administration through the keyset to check to see if a mailbox exists for that extension. If there isn't a mailbox associated with that extension, just create the mailbox. If the system says a mailbox exists, delete the subscriber and re-create both an extension and mailbox.

Also… make sure Mailbox Download is set to no in the phone system and make sure the phone system is set to “yes” for a mailbox for that extension, otherwise you could have problems in the future.

OP Offline
marc,
I know there is a mailbox asociated with the extension because I am using my extension for testing purposes

In that case, when you hear the greeting… press 1 to see if you can leave a message.

If you are able to leave a message, the only problem is no greeting has been recorded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024