web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a OfficeServ 7100 phone system with iDCS 28D phones. Can I setup one of the "soft keys" to be the call record key or do I have to use one of the eight programable keys on the side(which are all currently assigned). There are also the 28 keys on top, but everyone of those is currently assigned, too. Another option, maybe, is there a "shift" key that would then allow each programmable key to be dual purposed(ie. assigned to an extension and also be assigned as the call record key). What are your thoughts?

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
Douglass Harmon, CPA, LLC.
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Phone: (503) 266-2272
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The Soft-Keys are pre-programmed by Samsung and Call Record is not one of the features supported. If you want use the Call Record feature, you will need to program one of your 28 programmable buttons.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm going to have to buy the 14 button add-on module.

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Does your keyset have a "call" key on it?
If so then move the call key to the 14 button aom and replace it with your record key. You dont need the aom to be able to program the key.

NOTE if an appearance shows up on the call key you moved. You will not be able to retrieve it.

OP Offline
I don't see a "call" key on the keyset. I see 8 programmable buttons to the right of the keypad and they are labelled as the following: Intercom, VMMSG, DND, VM TRANS, MUTE, PAGE, Transfer, and Speaker. I don't want to lose any of the above keys, because our users all use those buttons.

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Intercom is where the CALL key would be programmed.

DND is an easy feature to use via feature code. To turn on DND, simply type 401 on the keypad. To turn off DND, simple type 400. If you remove the DND key, you can program the Call Record feature.

Also, you only have one intercom key? Doesnt this mean you cant transfer calls?

Another button you could swap is the VMMSG key, as you can use the softkeys for this and the display will indicate when messgaes are present.

Cheers, Dave.
Eco Communications
Selling and installing Ericsson BP150/50/250 from 1996 to 2005
Samsung selling and installing since 2000
Toshiba selling and installing since 2004
Microsoft NT and SQL certified (10 years ago...)
OP Offline
I have only one intercom key and I don't seem to have a problem transferring calls.

Thanks for your input and options to my situation. You guys have saved me so much money. It is a shame that the company that installed the system didn't have the answers that you guys have told me in such a short period of time. Any recommendations for service in the Portland, Oregon area

Thanks!

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
You just bought this system and the vendor can not program it for you? A dealer in your area "noisycow" can probably work with you on this.

By the way this is the main reason we had said in your other thread "It's more important to choose the right vendor than the right system"

I am sorry to here that a vendor is giving a product a bad name.

OP Offline
The vendor is more than willing to program it. My problem is that no options were given such as: "Hey, DND can easily be turned on and off by simplying typing 401(ON) and 400(OFF). Now we can use the DND programmable key for recording phone calls". Nor did they mention that the call record feature can be switched "ON" using the OfficeServ Call interface and clicking on "Call Control" and then selecting "Call recording with Voice Mail". In our interviews they seemed quite knowledgeable and we even got a very positive review from our local telecom company when we mentioned who we were considering. The vendor has always tried to be helpful, but I may need to find a true Samsung expert(like Noisycow) after tax season. I have quite a few questions that I will post when I have time that I didn't get a satisfactory answer the first time around from the vendor.

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,716 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (KRRath), 117 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024