web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#438014 10/30/10 10:33 AM
OP Offline
A service company offers 24/7 coverage. I set them up years ago with an option in the after hours greeting with a "press 5 for emergency service," which goes to a mailbox, that forwards to a list that includes the essential personnel that require notification. The list has five mailboxes associated to it. After a message is placed, it goes out to the cell phones of these guys. It has worked flawlessly for several years.
:confused: The problem is that as they have grown, they get several after hours less crucial voicemails that notify them each time. I cannot turn off their notification, as they do get a few emergencies.
Is there a way to differentiate between a message forwarded from the Emergency mailbox, from one that is just a normal message? Is there a way to automatically prioritize the messages from the emergency mailbox to urgent, so that I can set the notification to "urgent only?" -OR- Is there a way to set multiple cell phone numbers to call directly from the emergency mailbox?

Yes, I am retired - so why am I still working on phones?
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The easiest way may be to set up 2 seperate mailboxes. "press 1 for non emergency service and press 2 for emergencies that require an immediate call back".

OP Offline
OK, so on that line of thinking, I could set up a second mailbox for each of the four "essential" personnel, that would forward the emergency message to their cell.

So a call would go - Auto attendant - press 5 for emergency - goes to mb 3501 - cusomer leaves message - forwards to list - goes to the four virtual mailboxes set up (3502, 3503, 3504, 3505) - each of which dials to cell. Turn off the cell phone notification on their regular MB.

Or a customer gets AA, dials extention, goes to VM and stays there dormant till Monday morning.
Set up 3502-3505 with standard PW.
When the client calls into their personal VM to check messages, that procedure will be the same.

Perfect - thank you!

Yes, I am retired - so why am I still working on phones?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,344 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024